Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Encouraging signs re: controlling the spread 13:30 - Mar 31 with 769 viewsDarth_Koont

This graph seems to be one of the most relevant for spread until the antigen an antibody tests can come online.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/daily-covid-cases-3-day-average

The new cases appear to be going down or at last flattening off. New deaths can be a week later to show a similar tailing off - but shows that public awareness and responsibility (on top of government efforts) will pay off in the end.

Still need a longer period of this trend but opens up for a long-term approach of protecting the at-risk groups in isolation and relieving the lockdown soonish but knowing that it's an effective tool to stop local if not national spikes before they happen. Also suggests that the results from China's lockdown weren't as dubious as they perhaps first seemed.

The worry when you see what's going on in India is that certain countries just can't socially or economically handle these sorts of measures. A modern society and economy makes a massive difference.

Pronouns: He/Him

Encouraging signs re: controlling the spread on 13:32 - Mar 31 with 748 viewsLord_Lucan

Agree but India tried to lock down in a matter of hours, it was never going to be anything but chaos.

They should have given them 5 days.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Encouraging signs re: controlling the spread on 13:41 - Mar 31 with 678 viewsDarth_Koont

Encouraging signs re: controlling the spread on 13:32 - Mar 31 by Lord_Lucan

Agree but India tried to lock down in a matter of hours, it was never going to be anything but chaos.

Agreed. Although not sure the migrant workers were going to hang around with the lockdown coming anyway.

My point was more that long-term they can't really work from home like us or have fresh water piped to their house and only have to turn up to a well-stocked supermarket once in a while. Couple that with families living in close proximity then it's difficult to even imagine a lockdown being that manageable or effective.

Pronouns: He/Him

Encouraging signs re: controlling the spread on 17:16 - Mar 31 with 492 viewsGeoffSentence

Encouraging signs re: controlling the spread on 13:32 - Mar 31 by Lord_Lucan

The indian lockdown will probably make it worse everyone heading out of the cities in crowds, spreading it round the country.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024