Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
fao: belstead Bill 14:27 - Aug 12 with 1693 viewsgiant_stow

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/uk-big-cat-hunters-investigations?utm_source=poc

if you're still around

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

fao: belstead Bill on 14:54 - Aug 12 with 1647 viewsSteve_M

No mention of the Suffolk Panther though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

fao: belstead Bill on 14:57 - Aug 12 with 1640 viewsgiant_stow

fao: belstead Bill on 14:54 - Aug 12 by Steve_M

Its out there, just biding its time.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

fao: belstead Bill on 15:21 - Aug 12 with 1620 viewsLibero

fao: belstead Bill on 14:54 - Aug 12 by Steve_M

Is this actually a thing?

I remember my Grandad claiming that people on the U.S army bases used to keep them as pets and that they'd just release them into the wild if they were deployed elsewhere.
fao: belstead Bill on 16:12 - Aug 12 with 1589 viewsjeera

fao: belstead Bill on 15:21 - Aug 12 by Libero

I remember my Grandad claiming that people on the U.S army bases used to keep them as pets and that they'd just release them into the wild if they were deployed elsewhere.

OF COURSE IT'S A THING!

Sorry, just speaking up for Bill there.

I always liked Bill and if he believed, then the rest of us should be happy to go along with it.

Regardless.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

fao: belstead Bill on 16:14 - Aug 12 with 1585 viewsjeera

fao: belstead Bill on 15:21 - Aug 12 by Libero

Just to add; "The wild"

Some golf course just outside of Woodbridge should be ideal to keep an adult panther hidden for years.

fao: belstead Bill on 17:37 - Aug 12 with 1543 viewsLibero

fao: belstead Bill on 16:14 - Aug 12 by jeera

Just to add; "The wild"

Some golf course just outside of Woodbridge should be ideal to keep an adult panther hidden for years.

Hahaha! Outstanding interwebs.

So if it’s complete b0llocks how did these rumours start?
fao: belstead Bill on 20:56 - Aug 12 with 1490 viewsjeera

fao: belstead Bill on 17:37 - Aug 12 by Libero

Hahaha! Outstanding interwebs.

So if it’s complete b0llocks how did these rumours start?

I'm only playing, it's not my place to say none of it's true.

But the original big cat stories originated from the 70s [?] when the law regarding keeping dangerous animals changed.

What you say is true, but I've not heard it associated with the Americans before if I'm honest.

Several owners of these cats did allegedly set their 'pets' into the wild, but I'm thinking they perhaps drove them up into the highlands, Scotland, and Wales, that kind of thing. It cannot be easy keeping yourself hidden if you're a panther and wandering around Suffolk.

Bill was adamant there was a Suffolk panther, and you know what, he may well have been right. I do actually know a story or 2 myself surrounding the Santon Downham area as it goes.

Edit: and what I should have added of course, is that the stories were far more popular years ago, because unless these cats found the relevant mates, they would have died out some years back now.

So I am sceptical if anyone sees a black panther. Maybe an elderly greying one, sure.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2020 20:59]

fao: belstead Bill on 21:00 - Aug 12 with 1482 viewsLibero

fao: belstead Bill on 20:56 - Aug 12 by jeera

But the original big cat stories originated from the 70s [?] when the law regarding keeping dangerous animals changed.

What you say is true, but I've not heard it associated with the Americans before if I'm honest.

Several owners of these cats did allegedly set their 'pets' into the wild, but I'm thinking they perhaps drove them up into the highlands, Scotland, and Wales, that kind of thing. It cannot be easy keeping yourself hidden if you're a panther and wandering around Suffolk.

Bill was adamant there was a Suffolk panther, and you know what, he may well have been right. I do actually know a story or 2 myself surrounding the Santon Downham area as it goes.

Edit: and what I should have added of course, is that the stories were far more popular years ago, because unless these cats found the relevant mates, they would have died out some years back now.

So I am sceptical if anyone sees a black panther. Maybe an elderly greying one, sure.

In fairness I may be remembering it wrong, I was only a wee nipper when he would tell me these stories, we unfortunately lost him when I was 9.
Login to get fewer ads

fao: belstead Bill on 21:07 - Aug 12 with 1470 viewsjeera

fao: belstead Bill on 21:00 - Aug 12 by Libero

In fairness I may be remembering it wrong, I was only a wee nipper when he would tell me these stories, we unfortunately lost him when I was 9.

Possibly, because he would have been more aware of this at the time than me, but it was a thing for a while.

Other posters would be able to give us more info I'm sure, but it was to do with licensing etc; maybe it became too expensive to keep a pet tiger at the bottom of the garden or something.

Not that I have read through this nor expect you to either! But this:

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1976/38

fao: belstead Bill on 23:26 - Aug 12 with 1415 viewsNthsuffolkblue

fao: belstead Bill on 20:56 - Aug 12 by jeera

This sounds a reasonably fair assessment. I know someone who was pretty convinced he saw one around Henham 25 years or so ago. As you say, it is highly unlikely there would have been enough to breed and so highly unlikely there would still be any out there now unless they were released more recently from somewhere.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024