Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alan Minter has died 16:50 - Sep 10 with 1104 viewsgtsb1966

I remember his world championship winning fight with Vito Antuofermo. That was brutal. Hard as nails Minter was.
Alan Minter has died on 17:03 - Sep 10 with 1066 viewsjeera

Only 69. Very sad news.

Massive name when I was a kid and a real household favourite.

RIP Alan M.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I really liked Revenge of the Mutant Camels. Not so keen on Llamatron. (n/t) on 17:39 - Sep 10 with 998 viewsMenton

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

Alan Minter has died on 18:48 - Sep 10 with 932 viewsFtnfwest

Unlucky to be around at a time when there were a lot of top level boxers at every weight. Antuofermo was thought to be unbeatable, minter beat him twice and then had to face hagler and was totally outclassed on another brutal night in and out of the ring. Still, you don’t get to be undisputed middleweight champion without being pretty good. RIP
Alan Minter has died on 19:01 - Sep 10 with 916 viewsRadlett_blue

I met him in a pub in Wimbledon some years ago. He was a friendly guy & joined in an impromptu game of spoof.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Alan Minter has died on 20:25 - Sep 10 with 846 viewsmidastouch

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Alan Minter has died on 00:25 - Sep 11 with 744 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Alan Minter has died on 18:48 - Sep 10 by Ftnfwest

Unlucky to be around at a time when there were a lot of top level boxers at every weight. Antuofermo was thought to be unbeatable, minter beat him twice and then had to face hagler and was totally outclassed on another brutal night in and out of the ring. Still, you don’t get to be undisputed middleweight champion without being pretty good. RIP

Hagler was absolutely incredible that night. Minter was incredibly brave, a similar spirit to Ricky Hatton.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024