Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Downes 22:09 - Sep 12 with 1255 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Is he in the squad for tomorrow?

The article says he won't start because of how well Dozzell, Bishop and Nolan have played. However, it says Downes is back in the fold but left him out of the squad.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Downes on 22:22 - Sep 12 with 1201 viewsArnieM

Hope he has to fight like hell to win a place. Only want players in the team who want to be here.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Downes on 22:25 - Sep 12 with 1189 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Downes on 22:22 - Sep 12 by ArnieM

Hope he has to fight like hell to win a place. Only want players in the team who want to be here.

I think part of our problem is we have too many players who are quite happy to be here.

I would rather a team full of players determined to play in the Premier League whether with us or someone else.

Downes on 22:33 - Sep 12 with 1161 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Downes on 22:25 - Sep 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think part of our problem is we have too many players who are quite happy to be here.

I would rather a team full of players determined to play in the Premier League whether with us or someone else.

Flynn clearly doesn't want to be here.

I agree I would prefer a squad of players who clearly want to improve themselves with us and want to play for the shirt.

Not sure Flynn fits that at the moment.
Downes on 22:38 - Sep 12 with 1146 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Downes on 22:33 - Sep 12 by King_ding_a_lin_g

I agree I would prefer a squad of players who clearly want to improve themselves with us and want to play for the shirt.

I am sure it does. If he is still here when the window closes, he doesn't get a move by sulking and playing poorly or kicking around the reserves. You can't blame him wanting to improve his wages and test himself at a higher level but he needs to realise the opportunity will come if he continues to play how he has been.

Downes on 22:55 - Sep 12 with 1108 viewsTieDyedIn95

He's kinda screwed himself by forcing a move but the offers we've had are rubbish. He'd have been better to have waited until the next window and have commanded a better fee for the club to justify the sale somewhat.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Downes on 23:23 - Sep 12 with 1026 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Downes on 22:55 - Sep 12 by TieDyedIn95

He's kinda screwed himself by forcing a move but the offers we've had are rubbish. He'd have been better to have waited until the next window and have commanded a better fee for the club to justify the sale somewhat.

I don't see it as him "forcing a move". Perhaps I am naïve but I see it as him having his head turned and being unsettled by it all.

I am quite sure either a club will offer a more realistic fee and he will move or (in my opinion more likely now), no better offer will come and Downes will be a key player for us this season (or at least until January). That option should be a win-win for both Downes and us. We get him for at least half a season and he then gets signed on a better contract than Palace are prepared to offer currently based on how lowly they value him.

Downes on 01:41 - Sep 13 with 859 viewsBLUEBEAT

Would rather he wasn’t even on the bench tomorrow.

Poll: W or W

Downes on 08:32 - Sep 13 with 619 viewsMonkeyAlan

Downes on 22:33 - Sep 12 by King_ding_a_lin_g

I think there are a lot of players here who don't want to improve themselves. They are here for a cushy ride. Some have got away with murder the last few years.
Login to get fewer ads

Downes on 11:23 - Sep 13 with 418 viewshadleighboyblue

Can't agree with leaving Downes out .

He's an ITFC player and we should be playing our strongest team , specially as he adds some much needed steel in midfield .

The best thing for Downes to do would be to play 100% to impress any watching clubs , I don't believe he wouldn't do that .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024