Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ITFC should be ashamed of that performance 17:52 - Nov 21 with 1893 viewsmattyhollandsirish

One of the most depressing home games in recent memory. Absolute robbery to win it. McGavin apart, who looks a promising player and is brave on the ball, but is obviously very inexperienced and needs guidance and support around him, I'm not sure there's an argument a single other player had a decent game. (Bar Holy who had nothing to do of note)

On the basis that financially, we cannot vastly change the playing squad which desperately needs a freshen up to rid it of some very overrated and average at best league 1 players, then surely we're all agreed Lambert has to get the boot given he continues to simply shows no sign of improving us either in respect of individual players or collectively as a team. Yes, he's got the 5 year deal, but there must be breaks in that and is Evans really prepared to let us slowly die in this league? (I do appreciate that's exactly what he done in the championship!)

ITFC should be ashamed of that performance on 17:59 - Nov 21 with 1840 viewsEdwardF

You say:
''....then surely we're all agreed Lambert has to get the boot''
I totally disagree

Poll: Hypothetically who would you prefer as your main striker:

ITFC should be ashamed of that performance on 18:02 - Nov 21 with 1808 viewsArnieM

Tbh our performances today was a carbon copy of just about ever6 game we play just after an International break. We are always utter crap, and today was no different.

And as if by magic we pick up yet more injuries. Is there any senior first team players left ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

ITFC should be ashamed of that performance on 18:03 - Nov 21 with 1798 viewsBloomBlue

What are the contract breaks?

I keep hearing about the breaks but does anyone actually know what they are?
ITFC should be ashamed of that performance on 18:14 - Nov 21 with 1759 viewsmattyhollandsirish

ITFC should be ashamed of that performance on 18:03 - Nov 21 by BloomBlue

I don't think anyone does as not likely something that would be made public. I'm just assuming a rather successful businessman wouldn't give the head of one of his business arms a huge 5 year deal on the back of getting a side relegated and at a time when we were starting to fall part. Maybe that's a big assumption though! The break would likely be something like "if we don't do X after X years, then we go our separate ways" - again, you'd assume though!
ITFC should be ashamed of that performance on 18:15 - Nov 21 with 1748 viewsmattyhollandsirish

ITFC should be ashamed of that performance on 17:59 - Nov 21 by EdwardF

You say:
''....then surely we're all agreed Lambert has to get the boot''
I totally disagree

Want to elaborate or simply voicing an opinion without any explanation? Fine either way.
ITFC should be ashamed of that performance on 18:18 - Nov 21 with 1736 viewsmattyhollandsirish

ITFC should be ashamed of that performance on 18:02 - Nov 21 by ArnieM

Tbh our performances today was a carbon copy of just about ever6 game we play just after an International break. We are always utter crap, and today was no different.

And as if by magic we pick up yet more injuries. Is there any senior first team players left ?

Can't really understand any logic as to why we're always bad after international breaks though? It's not like we've had half the squad away. I did think today was a new low though.

Bishop was always a ticking timebomb in respect of getting injured, but will definitely be a loss if out for any period of time.
ITFC should be ashamed of that performance on 18:20 - Nov 21 with 1711 viewsMonkeyAlan

ITFC should be ashamed of that performance on 18:03 - Nov 21 by BloomBlue

The contract breaks are when Lambert can negotiate an even longer contract apparently.
ITFC should be ashamed of that performance on 18:24 - Nov 21 with 1681 viewsChurchman

I’m sure Evans is more than happy with Division 1 survival. If he wasn’t he’d never have extended Lambert’s contract.
Login to get fewer ads

ITFC should be ashamed of that performance on 18:25 - Nov 21 with 1671 viewsjimmyvet

ITFC should be ashamed of that performance on 18:15 - Nov 21 by mattyhollandsirish

Want to elaborate or simply voicing an opinion without any explanation? Fine either way.

The last time a large effort to remove a manager MM ended well. We are 3rd in the table in the this terrible league and as a team we are terrible just not as terrible as some of the other team. Yes the football today was bang average but seriously we are going to sack manager who has us 3rd in league. We have no money have been declining season upon season for years now and you want to sack this manager and replace with who ?
ITFC should be ashamed of that performance on 18:31 - Nov 21 with 1645 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Do you honestly think that the Manager is going to get the boot when we are outside the automatic promotion places on goal difference! He is here for the season I reckon so we have to go with it.

As for today, yes we were poor and yes we had a lot of luck on the equaliser but we were due some luck after the Sunderland game. On the positive side, having started the game with an already weakened midfield and to lose the most experienced 2/3rds to injury, they kept going to the end and got the result, so fair play to them for that.

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

ITFC should be ashamed of that performance on 18:33 - Nov 21 with 1620 viewsBloomBlue

ITFC should be ashamed of that performance on 18:14 - Nov 21 by mattyhollandsirish

I don't think anyone does as not likely something that would be made public. I'm just assuming a rather successful businessman wouldn't give the head of one of his business arms a huge 5 year deal on the back of getting a side relegated and at a time when we were starting to fall part. Maybe that's a big assumption though! The break would likely be something like "if we don't do X after X years, then we go our separate ways" - again, you'd assume though!

Makes sense, although I would assume it's based on promotion and therefore I cannot see ME kicking him out given our current league position.
ITFC should be ashamed of that performance on 18:34 - Nov 21 with 1614 viewsmattyhollandsirish

ITFC should be ashamed of that performance on 18:25 - Nov 21 by jimmyvet

The last time a large effort to remove a manager MM ended well. We are 3rd in the table in the this terrible league and as a team we are terrible just not as terrible as some of the other team. Yes the football today was bang average but seriously we are going to sack manager who has us 3rd in league. We have no money have been declining season upon season for years now and you want to sack this manager and replace with who ?

Mick talked himself out of a job and had to go. Not that him leaving has any relevance to Lambert's job. We're an awful side mate and are not getting any better. That's the problem. The league position is false. Every time we play a half decent team (if we're classing the likes of Lincoln as half decent) we lose. That's a fact. We're not going to finish third are we?

We're not flush with money, nobody is outside the Premiership, but we've got an owner far more wealthy than the majority of clubs in this league.

As for replacement, Paul Cook, Karl Robinson, my gran, anyone really.
ITFC should be ashamed of that performance on 18:43 - Nov 21 with 1589 viewsjimmyvet

ITFC should be ashamed of that performance on 18:34 - Nov 21 by mattyhollandsirish

Mick talked himself out of a job and had to go. Not that him leaving has any relevance to Lambert's job. We're an awful side mate and are not getting any better. That's the problem. The league position is false. Every time we play a half decent team (if we're classing the likes of Lincoln as half decent) we lose. That's a fact. We're not going to finish third are we?

We're not flush with money, nobody is outside the Premiership, but we've got an owner far more wealthy than the majority of clubs in this league.

As for replacement, Paul Cook, Karl Robinson, my gran, anyone really.

I am as disappointed as the next person but I just dont see how you can sack manager who is 3rd in league. The pressure on the incumbent would be so great and he is working with essentially the same players. I say he needs to be given this season and if by end we are not in play offs then I would agree. All this negativity serves no purpose just raises our BP and the outcome will not change I don’t believe. Anyway let’s see how we do next 2 games if we get 4 points I will be very happy.
ITFC should be ashamed of that performance on 18:49 - Nov 21 with 1558 viewscooperd5

ITFC should be ashamed of that performance on 18:43 - Nov 21 by jimmyvet

I am as disappointed as the next person but I just dont see how you can sack manager who is 3rd in league. The pressure on the incumbent would be so great and he is working with essentially the same players. I say he needs to be given this season and if by end we are not in play offs then I would agree. All this negativity serves no purpose just raises our BP and the outcome will not change I don’t believe. Anyway let’s see how we do next 2 games if we get 4 points I will be very happy.

It's the system he sticks with, no desire no forward play (hardly) I was shouting at the telly not to do *another* pointless short goal kick! Same thing, same result over and over, make a change and do something different if it's not working.
Lambert out? Yes I can see it sooner rather than later, esp if the next 2 games are a hooror show.
Next manager? Paul Cook, Danny Cowley are my faves
ITFC should be ashamed of that performance on 18:51 - Nov 21 with 1547 viewssouthnorfolkblue

ITFC should be ashamed of that performance on 18:49 - Nov 21 by cooperd5

It's the system he sticks with, no desire no forward play (hardly) I was shouting at the telly not to do *another* pointless short goal kick! Same thing, same result over and over, make a change and do something different if it's not working.
Lambert out? Yes I can see it sooner rather than later, esp if the next 2 games are a hooror show.
Next manager? Paul Cook, Danny Cowley are my faves

Well if you get your way with Cowley you won’t have to worry about short goal kicks!

ITFC should be ashamed of that performance on 19:07 - Nov 21 with 1507 viewsmattyhollandsirish

ITFC should be ashamed of that performance on 18:31 - Nov 21 by southnorfolkblue

Do you honestly think that the Manager is going to get the boot when we are outside the automatic promotion places on goal difference! He is here for the season I reckon so we have to go with it.

As for today, yes we were poor and yes we had a lot of luck on the equaliser but we were due some luck after the Sunderland game. On the positive side, having started the game with an already weakened midfield and to lose the most experienced 2/3rds to injury, they kept going to the end and got the result, so fair play to them for that.

No, I don't expect him to get the boot today. It was more a view based on the whole of last season and the similar way this season is going, which leads to me to believe it will be an absolute miracle if we finish anywhere near the top two. I fear you're correct though in that he'll get the season. We were due some luck, but today wasn't poor, it was absolutely dreadful against one of the worst sides in the league who themselves are on a bad run.
ITFC should be ashamed of that performance on 19:11 - Nov 21 with 1489 viewsmattyhollandsirish

ITFC should be ashamed of that performance on 18:43 - Nov 21 by jimmyvet

Yep, agree it's difficult and unlikely he'll get sacked given our current league position. Don't think he should be given the season as think that will be too late and this season does appear to be s*it or bust for us in terms of the wage cap coming in, but suspect he will be given it. Yes, the BP seems to be worse than actually attending games at Portman Road! Perhaps that's because I see the whole game now and not just from one end!
ITFC should be ashamed of that performance on 19:14 - Nov 21 with 1481 viewssouthnorfolkblue

ITFC should be ashamed of that performance on 19:07 - Nov 21 by mattyhollandsirish

No, I don't expect him to get the boot today. It was more a view based on the whole of last season and the similar way this season is going, which leads to me to believe it will be an absolute miracle if we finish anywhere near the top two. I fear you're correct though in that he'll get the season. We were due some luck, but today wasn't poor, it was absolutely dreadful against one of the worst sides in the league who themselves are on a bad run.

It will be a miracle to get near the top 2 if we keep getting all these injuries. I know where you’re coming from, but there is part of me that thinks that if our luck turns on the injury front we’ll come strong in the second half of the season. May be wishful thinking on my part, but I just don’t get the clamour to get rid of him now.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024