Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone seen Sean Dyche's latest hot take? 17:18 - Jan 8 with 634 viewssnudge27

Apparently footballers should get priority for Covid vaccinations, because vaccinated people don't need to be tested, and the money spent on private testing could then be donated to the NHS by clubs...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jan/07/burnley-manager-sean-dyche-foot

Where have I heard that particular rationale before?

Poll: Who is the best Lord?

Anyone seen Sean Dyche's latest hot take? on 17:21 - Jan 8 with 604 viewsJ2BLUE

He kind of has a point. Same with the Olympic teams. Although it would open up a can of worms when every industry starts claiming they need special treatment.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone seen Sean Dyche's latest hot take? on 17:25 - Jan 8 with 576 viewsJakeITFC

I think it's an ok idea in principle (as the numbers involved to vaccinate everyone in the Premier League would probably not even register in the overall picture) but I don't think it would be a good look.
Anyone seen Sean Dyche's latest hot take? on 17:34 - Jan 8 with 537 viewsronnyd

They could then hold their parties with impunity. Would have to do the WAGS as well though.
Anyone seen Sean Dyche's latest hot take? on 17:35 - Jan 8 with 535 viewshoppy

I think key words in what he says there are 'if' and 'could' - which I think are potentially very different from the reality of what might actually happen to the money saved...

"Money saved on testing could go to NHS, says Dyche"

"...if that money was channelled back into the NHS and the vaccinations system..."

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Anyone seen Sean Dyche's latest hot take? on 17:38 - Jan 8 with 530 viewsLankHenners

In theory I don't think it's a particularly outrageous suggestion (not that he actually says they should have 'priority'), given that they're travelling up and down the country mixing with other people every week, but in practice it's a PR disaster as you won't get the general public to agree footballers should get it before the hoi polloi.

Besides, by the time the most vulnerable groups have been vaccinated and we get down the priority list to people in their 50s and 60s (which you could argue is when footballers/sportspeople could get the vaccine as well), the season will probably be over anyway.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Anyone seen Sean Dyche's latest hot take? on 18:19 - Jan 8 with 444 viewssnudge27

I'd argue that the only scenario in which that would be a viable is if the current testing regime impacted negatively on the NHS.

My understanding is that players are tested privately, so NHS testing isn't impacted.

It just seems to be a weak argument aimed at saving his chairman a few bob...

Edit:

And surely, thanks to the wonders of capitalism, Premier League clubs would be able to purchase the vaccine privately if they wanted to jump the queue?
[Post edited 8 Jan 2021 18:25]

Poll: Who is the best Lord?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024