Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC2 is a tough watch already 21:11 - Jan 20 with 643 viewsjeera

Started at 9pm.

'The Truth About Disability Hate Crime.

Already been the story of a lady kicked in the head whilst out walking and minding her own business, for the way she looks. She's used to abuse (ffs) but now has injuries too.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

BBC2 is a tough watch already on 21:43 - Jan 20 with 591 viewsjeera

I guess people aren't watching. Though I can't say I blame them.

Same lady abused by some lad calling her names, when she complained the mother then appeared and shouted the same obscenities at her.

Autistic chap wrongly accused by a lass in a club and attacked him. Thankfully Police saw the camera footage and she was the one charged.

In a separate incident he was attacked and beaten in the street for being different.

A disabled lady was driven from her own home after a local hate campaign for being different. Someone took a dislike to her and it went from there. Bricks thrown at her home, eggs...

Edit: a blind lady's guide dog kicked.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 21:46]

BBC2 is a tough watch already on 21:48 - Jan 20 with 580 viewsJ2BLUE

Can't watch. That kind of thing just makes my blood boil.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

BBC2 is a tough watch already on 21:50 - Jan 20 with 567 viewsjeera

BBC2 is a tough watch already on 21:48 - Jan 20 by J2BLUE

Can't watch. That kind of thing just makes my blood boil.

It's not an easy watch at all.

And it's not people like you who need educating anyway obviously.

But I sometimes see these things on and feel it's my duty to not hide away if that makes sense.

I'm not judging! Some of it is heartbreaking.

BBC2 is a tough watch already on 21:52 - Jan 20 with 563 viewsJ2BLUE

BBC2 is a tough watch already on 21:50 - Jan 20 by jeera

But I sometimes see these things on and feel it's my duty to not hide away if that makes sense.

True, although the only thing I can say is if I saw it happen i'd be straight in there. As i'm sure you would too.

Truly impaired.

BBC2 is a tough watch already on 21:57 - Jan 20 with 551 viewsMattinLondon

Being completely honest I flicked it on near the start but was too cowardly to continue watching. The brief moments I watched showed a dad talking about the abuse his son receives. Absolutely horrific.
BBC2 is a tough watch already on 21:58 - Jan 20 with 550 viewsWD19

BBC2 is a tough watch already on 21:50 - Jan 20 by jeera

What kind of people need educating that kicking a guide dog is wrong!?

That’s not a hate crime.....that’s a signal of an alarming personality disorder.
BBC2 is a tough watch already on 22:00 - Jan 20 with 542 viewsjeera

BBC2 is a tough watch already on 21:52 - Jan 20 by J2BLUE

True, although the only thing I can say is if I saw it happen i'd be straight in there. As i'm sure you would too.

I have, several times.

I ran kids and young adults with learning disabilities about for a few years didn't I, and it was a large part of my week mate. They were my best customers; the friendliest, the most polite and more often than not, the most fun too.

I had plenty of rows with scumbags over comments that were made to them.

I've stopped my car bang in the middle of traffic and left it there to speak with some lads who thought it was funny to block the way of an autistic chap in the street, toying with him.

He didn't understand and was hurt and confused, they thought it was fun. Trash.

BBC2 is a tough watch already on 22:02 - Jan 20 with 530 viewsjeera

BBC2 is a tough watch already on 21:58 - Jan 20 by WD19

What kind of people need educating that kicking a guide dog is wrong!?

That’s not a hate crime.....that’s a signal of an alarming personality disorder.

You'd maybe like to think some people have just enough about them to be nudged in the right direction.

I don't know. Maybe educate was the wrong word.

A smack in the mouth would do but that's hard to do when you're not there.

Login to get fewer ads

BBC2 is a tough watch already on 22:04 - Jan 20 with 519 viewsjeera

BBC2 is a tough watch already on 21:57 - Jan 20 by MattinLondon

Being completely honest I flicked it on near the start but was too cowardly to continue watching. The brief moments I watched showed a dad talking about the abuse his son receives. Absolutely horrific.

The autistic chap yes.

Horrible wasn't it.

BBC2 is a tough watch already on 22:22 - Jan 20 with 487 viewsjaykay

BBC2 is a tough watch already on 22:00 - Jan 20 by jeera

I have, several times.

I ran kids and young adults with learning disabilities about for a few years didn't I, and it was a large part of my week mate. They were my best customers; the friendliest, the most polite and more often than not, the most fun too.

I've stopped my car bang in the middle of traffic and left it there to speak with some lads who thought it was funny to block the way of an autistic chap in the street, toying with him.

i always remember a few years back me and the wife were in the range , at suffolk retail park . we were having a coffee in their coffee shop, when a group of young children came in. they were accompanied by 2 ladies. the children were all special needs and were having day out and a treat. one of the social workers sat them down and told them to wait while they got them some treats from the counter.
the kids were excited and were laughing and pointing at things . two women who sat by us , starting saying they shouldn't be allowed in a shop.
my mrs got up and told them not to be so stupid and then walked to the counter and said loudly to the teachers i wold to to treat all the children to a drink and something to eat because i love to see the excitement in the young children
the two ladies got up and stormed off.
mind you it did cost me about £25 quid when she gave me the bill.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

BBC2 is a tough watch already on 22:29 - Jan 20 with 474 viewsjeera

BBC2 is a tough watch already on 22:22 - Jan 20 by jaykay

i always remember a few years back me and the wife were in the range , at suffolk retail park . we were having a coffee in their coffee shop, when a group of young children came in. they were accompanied by 2 ladies. the children were all special needs and were having day out and a treat. one of the social workers sat them down and told them to wait while they got them some treats from the counter.
the kids were excited and were laughing and pointing at things . two women who sat by us , starting saying they shouldn't be allowed in a shop.
my mrs got up and told them not to be so stupid and then walked to the counter and said loudly to the teachers i wold to to treat all the children to a drink and something to eat because i love to see the excitement in the young children
the two ladies got up and stormed off.
mind you it did cost me about £25 quid when she gave me the bill.

Every penny well spent!

What a sad attitude towards some kids though.

BBC2 is a tough watch already on 23:55 - Jan 20 with 405 viewsJ2BLUE

BBC2 is a tough watch already on 22:00 - Jan 20 by jeera

I have, several times.

Good man.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024