Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amsterdam overtook London as Europe's top share trading hub in January. 12:15 - Mar 4 with 485 viewsWeWereZombies

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56247739?mid=61086108&rid=7424181&ci

I always thought the threat to London would come from Frankfurt or Paris, or even Madrid. Those Dutch just get on with things too quietly, don't they? Unless you try and bring a ham sandwich in...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Amsterdam overtook London as Europe's top share trading hub in January. on 12:19 - Mar 4 with 453 viewsIP4_Blue

But we got our country back
Amsterdam overtook London as Europe's top share trading hub in January. on 12:22 - Mar 4 with 440 viewsMoriarty

I wonder if it will lead to less regulation? Which, if we’ve learned anything from the last crash, can ultimately lead to disastrous consequences.

fka omuircheartaigh

Amsterdam overtook London as Europe's top share trading hub in January. on 12:30 - Mar 4 with 405 viewsLord_Lucan

Was always going to happen for the European market.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Amsterdam overtook London as Europe's top share trading hub in January. on 12:33 - Mar 4 with 387 viewsfooters

Amsterdam overtook London as Europe's top share trading hub in January. on 12:30 - Mar 4 by Lord_Lucan

Was always going to happen for the European market.

If we'd stayed in the EU and retained MiFID 2 passporting then I sincerely doubt it would have.

We set up a German office ahead of leaving as have many, many other brokers since the vote. It's not surprise that billions have disappeared from the City.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Amsterdam overtook London as Europe's top share trading hub in January. on 12:35 - Mar 4 with 376 viewsLord_Lucan

Amsterdam overtook London as Europe's top share trading hub in January. on 12:33 - Mar 4 by footers

If we'd stayed in the EU and retained MiFID 2 passporting then I sincerely doubt it would have.

We set up a German office ahead of leaving as have many, many other brokers since the vote. It's not surprise that billions have disappeared from the City.

I agree

I was talking about post Brexit.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Amsterdam overtook London as Europe's top share trading hub in January. on 12:36 - Mar 4 with 369 viewsPinewoodblue

Is this due to LSE setting up a trading hub in Amsterdam last December?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Amsterdam overtook London as Europe's top share trading hub in January. on 12:38 - Mar 4 with 362 viewsfooters

Amsterdam overtook London as Europe's top share trading hub in January. on 12:36 - Mar 4 by Pinewoodblue

Was that part of the Refinitiv deal?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Amsterdam overtook London as Europe's top share trading hub in January. on 12:41 - Mar 4 with 348 viewsWeWereZombies

Amsterdam overtook London as Europe's top share trading hub in January. on 12:36 - Mar 4 by Pinewoodblue

Apparently not, the article ens with this:

'Following new Brexit rules, EU-based banks wanting to buy European shares currently cannot trade via London, meaning a loss of fees for City firms.'

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024