Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FWIW I don't think it will be Ashton as our CEO 09:34 - Apr 11 with 918 viewsCheltenham_Blue

He's on £550k at Bristol City, its one of the reasons that Bristol City fans don't want him. £500-600k in this league would be massive, wealthy backers or not.

I think he 'was' their first choice, but he decided he wanted to stay where he was, I think he alluded to as much saying he liked his job, or similar.

You'd imagine if he was coming here, his notice would have gone in as soon as he knew it was happening, now it's a 'process' according to MO'L and it could be '2 days or 2 months' that doesn't sound like they know who their man is, but it's not Ashton.

Not yet anyway.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

FWIW I don't think it will be Ashton as our CEO on 09:39 - Apr 11 with 863 viewstractorboy1978

They didn't even know if the deal was definitely happening until last weekend so Ashton wouldn't be jumping the gun by handing his notice in. I read it more as it depends when Ashton is available. He's been linked with the whole story of this since day 1 - will be amazed if it isn't him.

And £500-£600k is the salary of a bang average Championship footballer these days. It's not a massive commitment for an ownership group with a bit of clout about them.
FWIW I don't think it will be Ashton as our CEO on 10:07 - Apr 11 with 767 viewsJimmyJazz

Just wondering, if Ashton is all over the signing of players, which signings that Bristol City fans would put forward as an example of someone who didn't work out or the manager didn't want

Difficult to tell from afar, the one signing that springs to mind as a possibility is Lansbury

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

FWIW I don't think it will be Ashton as our CEO on 10:16 - Apr 11 with 719 viewsITFC_Forever

FWIW I don't think it will be Ashton as our CEO on 10:07 - Apr 11 by JimmyJazz

Just wondering, if Ashton is all over the signing of players, which signings that Bristol City fans would put forward as an example of someone who didn't work out or the manager didn't want

Difficult to tell from afar, the one signing that springs to mind as a possibility is Lansbury

Holden.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

FWIW I don't think it will be Ashton as our CEO on 10:20 - Apr 11 with 700 viewsCheltenham_Blue

FWIW I don't think it will be Ashton as our CEO on 10:07 - Apr 11 by JimmyJazz

I think, having read up on this their main 'beef' about Ashton is the way that finding Lee Johnson's replacement was handled. Some called the whole process 'shambolic'.

But looking at their transfer history, in the last couple of years it seems to have become a bit disjointed. Older players, like Henri Lansbury, who you mention and Chris Brunt have come in, I assume on decent wages and offered very little.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024