Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3-4-1-2 would be a decent option for this squad 14:56 - Nov 21 with 576 viewsLightworker

The more I think about it the more I believe that we need to have the option of a system that allows us to get two up front, not necessarily all the time but for certain games and possibly to switch to within games.

Yesterday in the second half was a prime example of a game where we looked less likely score as the game went on and where we desperately needed to shake things up a bit.

I believe we have the players within our current squad to play 3-4-1-2 effectively. A line up such as this would give us plenty of options.

----------------------------Walton------------------------------

-------------Woolfie-------Toto--------Edmundson--------

Burns----------Evans-------------Morsy------------Coulson

----------------------------Celina----------------------------------

------------------Bonne-----------Piggott---------------------

Chaplin could play up top or in place of Celina, Aluko the same. KVY could play in Burns position, Penny, Clements or even Edwards instead of Coulson. Janoi and Burgess are further options for the back three, and have both played this system before at other clubs. Even Jackson could be useful as a sub to come on in a front 2.

I get that Cook has his system that has always worked for him but it is becoming too predictable and I feel if he doesn't become more flexible soon our season is going to peter out which will ultimately cost him his job.
3-4-1-2 would be a decent option for this squad on 15:39 - Nov 21 with 511 viewsjayessess

Whilst I think this would work perfectly fine, I don't see why it would improve us going forward particularly. You're essentially removing one wide forward for a centre back and another wide forward for a striker. You've also gone from 4 attacking players to 3, all of whom are now operating in roughly the same space.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

3-4-1-2 would be a decent option for this squad on 15:41 - Nov 21 with 502 viewsDurovigutum

I like 3-5-2 (or 3-4-1-2), perhaps because that's how Burley played for the most part, and we saw games we controlled with quality football.

Watching Chelsea of late and it's hard to argue that it's a tactic "of the past"...
3-4-1-2 would be a decent option for this squad on 16:52 - Nov 21 with 452 viewsLightworker

3-4-1-2 would be a decent option for this squad on 15:39 - Nov 21 by jayessess

Whilst I think this would work perfectly fine, I don't see why it would improve us going forward particularly. You're essentially removing one wide forward for a centre back and another wide forward for a striker. You've also gone from 4 attacking players to 3, all of whom are now operating in roughly the same space.

I see what you are saying but I would argue that having 2 up top would make us a different proposition and we would still have a threat in wide areas from the wing backs, Burns and Coulson ( if fit ) could run up and down all game no problem.

I just think we need a plan B. I'm not a fan of managers using 3 or 4 formations and constantly changing but I just think Cook is too predictable at the moment and needs to give other managers and teams something to think about.

3-4-1-2 has certainly not stopped Plymouth from scoring goals.
3-4-1-2 would be a decent option for this squad on 17:29 - Nov 21 with 425 viewsbluejacko

Good shout but the problem is Cook won’t change his system and none of our coaches have the clout to suggest it ti him.
3-4-1-2 would be a decent option for this squad on 17:37 - Nov 21 with 413 viewsArnieM

It’s not about “systems”, but more about using the right combination of players .

OUT: Edwards, Celina

IN: Chaplin Fraser

In general over recent games ( including Saturday)

Bonne has no service.
Our tempo is now far too slow
Not getting the ball forward quick enough too many square passes across back four and midfield when a forward ( earlier) ball should be looked for.

Saturdays game reminded me of latter stages under Lambert . Far too slow in our build up.

Possession does not win games.
Solid defences and sticking the ball in the opponents net does !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

3-4-1-2 would be a decent option for this squad on 17:53 - Nov 21 with 382 viewschrismakin

3-4-1-2 would be a decent option for this squad on 17:37 - Nov 21 by ArnieM

It’s not about “systems”, but more about using the right combination of players .

OUT: Edwards, Celina

IN: Chaplin Fraser

In general over recent games ( including Saturday)

Bonne has no service.
Our tempo is now far too slow
Not getting the ball forward quick enough too many square passes across back four and midfield when a forward ( earlier) ball should be looked for.

Saturdays game reminded me of latter stages under Lambert . Far too slow in our build up.

Possession does not win games.
Solid defences and sticking the ball in the opponents net does !

You think putting fraser on the left will increase our tempo?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024