Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
White Ribbon Day and ITFC 09:42 - Nov 25 with 444 viewsSteve_M

Today is White Ribbon Day, a day to highlight, and push for an end to, violence against women.

Here is a piece by my friend Emma on why ITFC's employment of Jeffers is a big problem, it's not as if there has been any acknowledgement of his past either:

http://turnstileblues.co.uk/blog.aspx?nid=1132

More about White Ribbon day here:

https://www.whiteribbon.org.uk/day

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

White Ribbon Day and ITFC on 11:33 - Nov 25 with 363 viewsJ2BLUE

I am no fan of Jeffers in all honesty but does that case make him unemployable? Or just not employable here?

Genuinely asking.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

White Ribbon Day and ITFC on 11:40 - Nov 25 with 349 viewsSteve_M

White Ribbon Day and ITFC on 11:33 - Nov 25 by J2BLUE

I am no fan of Jeffers in all honesty but does that case make him unemployable? Or just not employable here?

Genuinely asking.

Personally, I would rather the club had not employed him but I don't think he should be unemployable anywhere. At the very least though, ITFC should at least have made mention of it.

If Norwood's actions make him unemployable here - albeit actions whilst in the employ of OITFC - then I think the double standards are a bit odd.

But, as per the thread yesterday on Benzema, football has no morals.

[Edit: I did link to the thread Mullet started on Benzema but it messes the format up]
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 11:51]

White Ribbon Day and ITFC on 11:46 - Nov 25 with 334 viewsVaughan8

White Ribbon Day and ITFC on 11:40 - Nov 25 by Steve_M

Personally, I would rather the club had not employed him but I don't think he should be unemployable anywhere. At the very least though, ITFC should at least have made mention of it.

If Norwood's actions make him unemployable here - albeit actions whilst in the employ of OITFC - then I think the double standards are a bit odd.

But, as per the thread yesterday on Benzema, football has no morals.

[Edit: I did link to the thread Mullet started on Benzema but it messes the format up]
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 11:51]

I didn't know about this so thanks for sharing (the day and about Jeffers past)

Football is morally bankrupt so I wouldn't expect them to say anything. I just wonder what you wanted them to say - "we've appointed Jeffers, a convicted domestic abuser"?

I'm not sure why they would mention, or do you mean within the club?
White Ribbon Day and ITFC on 11:50 - Nov 25 with 319 viewsSteve_M

White Ribbon Day and ITFC on 11:46 - Nov 25 by Vaughan8

I didn't know about this so thanks for sharing (the day and about Jeffers past)

Football is morally bankrupt so I wouldn't expect them to say anything. I just wonder what you wanted them to say - "we've appointed Jeffers, a convicted domestic abuser"?

I'm not sure why they would mention, or do you mean within the club?

I think more just as an aside that he had learnt from his convictions, there was the drink driving one as well, both within two years. It might have been standard bullsh1t but just not very satisfactory.

Yes, you are correct that clubs don't hold any scruples.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024