Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Cook anybody? 10:06 - Dec 6 with 652 viewsDavoIPB

Just a thought. He has a great win percentage over most of his previous clubs. He has won promotion with a number of clubs in different leagues. He is streaks above most of the other candidates in terms of success. Seems to be well liked and very hard working. Has the respect of the players.

Okay his last club he wasn't successful but from his history it always takes him most of the first season to get going and he is very successful in his second season in charge. Has a clear game plan and an attractive style of football. If anything I would go for him. very enthusiastic.

Oh wait. . . . .

Just saying as I'm not really enthusiastic about any of our options at present. They don't have a better record than Cook and a lot of them not as much experience. McGreal still plays the same formation and doesn't change it. So I'm going to wait and see what happens and enjoy supporting Ipswich for the rest of the season.
Paul Cook anybody? on 10:10 - Dec 6 with 618 viewsjayessess

Hope the next guy is good or I can see this being the new "numbskulls!" debate for the foreseeable future.

FWIW if Cook was ultimately a great coach who was laying good foundations, the next guy will benefit from that and this job won't be nearly so hard as it appears to be.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Paul Cook anybody? on 10:14 - Dec 6 with 584 viewsblueconscience

Sounds like a great appointment if his trusted assistant Leam Richardson was to join him.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Paul Cook anybody? on 10:15 - Dec 6 with 567 viewsGuthrum

You say 'all the other candidates', but do we really know who they are? People are chewing through lists of the currently unemployed and familiar names who might possibly (or not) be enticed from their present roles.

However, both Ashton and O'Leary are well-connected in the English football world, with some of the ownership group having links all over the place (e.g. the USA, Turkey, Norway). There's no guarantee that it'll be any of the names which are being bandied around.

They've also been shown to have the ability to attract players from a higher level to the club, why not managers also?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Paul Cook anybody? on 10:35 - Dec 6 with 480 viewsDavoIPB

Paul Cook anybody? on 10:10 - Dec 6 by jayessess

Hope the next guy is good or I can see this being the new "numbskulls!" debate for the foreseeable future.

FWIW if Cook was ultimately a great coach who was laying good foundations, the next guy will benefit from that and this job won't be nearly so hard as it appears to be.

My post was very tongue in cheek. I was 50/50 on whether he should be sacked or not and am now leaning towards it being the right decision. His results were not good and tactical awareness did seem to be lacking. Was just making the point that I might not be jumping up and down at the next appointment.
Paul Cook anybody? on 10:40 - Dec 6 with 425 viewsjayessess

Paul Cook anybody? on 10:35 - Dec 6 by DavoIPB

My post was very tongue in cheek. I was 50/50 on whether he should be sacked or not and am now leaning towards it being the right decision. His results were not good and tactical awareness did seem to be lacking. Was just making the point that I might not be jumping up and down at the next appointment.

We might not be, but then there's a lot of clubs above us in the league whose managerial appointments probably weren't greeted with a lot of fanfare.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Paul Cook anybody? on 10:41 - Dec 6 with 406 viewsBseaBlue

Paul Cook anybody? on 10:15 - Dec 6 by Guthrum

You say 'all the other candidates', but do we really know who they are? People are chewing through lists of the currently unemployed and familiar names who might possibly (or not) be enticed from their present roles.

However, both Ashton and O'Leary are well-connected in the English football world, with some of the ownership group having links all over the place (e.g. the USA, Turkey, Norway). There's no guarantee that it'll be any of the names which are being bandied around.

They've also been shown to have the ability to attract players from a higher level to the club, why not managers also?

'They've also been shown to have the ability to attract players from a higher level to the club, why not managers also?'

Exactly this! I think people are underestimating the opportunity here.
Paul Cook anybody? on 10:51 - Dec 6 with 333 viewsberkstractorboy

Cook has been successful in the past but a large part of that down to his No 2 and backroom staff. He hasn't got the same calibre here, no No 2 he can really trust and coaches that are one the first rung of the coaching ladder with little experience. If he had the staff around him I would support him staying, but he hasn't and i can't see how it would change and gone backwards in the last month against very ordinary opposition!

The inability to defend any kind of lead is staggering and of most concern. It's the foundation of which successful teams are built on, don't concede goals and you don't lose games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024