Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well that didn't last long 18:13 - Jan 15 with 722 viewsHARRY10

What was missing under Cook was having players fully committed week in, week out, and for the full 90 mins.

There needs to be a willingness to grind out results - we were poor, so scraping a draw would have been acceptable. bit somehow that dogged spirit is all too often lacking.

And that's the difference between promotion and missing out. But still early days yet, though the season suggests we need to start winning more than those above us. Twenty games left, and those just above have games in hand, and could push it to us being 11 points of the playoffs.
Inconsistency of player performance, confidence and endeavour is the issue… on 19:32 - Jan 15 with 567 viewsunstableblue

… the massive issue

If I were to consider our best performances this season, linking shape to solidity, to fight, to fluidity to attacking zeal of play it would be:

High Wycombe (a)
Pompey (a)
High Wycombe (h)
Doncaster h)
Gillingham (a)
Sunderland (h)
Sunderland (a)

The good news is McKenna has managed 2, and he did bring some good system and shape tweaks.

But let’s be clear all of the above were about players showing up

And what has typically happened they then drop out of form soon after.

Glass jaw; weak belief

Also Burns form is quite critical in a lot of the above

I have faith in MKenna, but he’s still learning, he’s green… this is his first test…. I thought he got the game wrong in the post, this was a player issue

So what happens now?! Two games to save the season in my view… (of course I think McKenna should not be expected to get into the play offs) but it would be nice

But will the players do what they did after so many of the above and go into a shell and drop form or will they turn it around?!

Under estimate Accrington at your peril!! As so many did with Bolton

Come on let’s smash them

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Inconsistency of player performance, confidence and endeavour is the issue… on 19:54 - Jan 15 with 509 viewsBlue_Heath

Inconsistency of player performance, confidence and endeavour is the issue… on 19:32 - Jan 15 by unstableblue

… the massive issue

If I were to consider our best performances this season, linking shape to solidity, to fight, to fluidity to attacking zeal of play it would be:

High Wycombe (a)
Pompey (a)
High Wycombe (h)
Doncaster h)
Gillingham (a)
Sunderland (h)
Sunderland (a)

The good news is McKenna has managed 2, and he did bring some good system and shape tweaks.

But let’s be clear all of the above were about players showing up

And what has typically happened they then drop out of form soon after.

Glass jaw; weak belief

Also Burns form is quite critical in a lot of the above

I have faith in MKenna, but he’s still learning, he’s green… this is his first test…. I thought he got the game wrong in the post, this was a player issue

So what happens now?! Two games to save the season in my view… (of course I think McKenna should not be expected to get into the play offs) but it would be nice

But will the players do what they did after so many of the above and go into a shell and drop form or will they turn it around?!

Under estimate Accrington at your peril!! As so many did with Bolton

Come on let’s smash them

The season was gone ages ago. Reality check time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024