Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On a positive note.... 09:09 - Jan 31 with 671 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

....that's 80,000 health workers we won't be losing...
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/jan/31/covid-mandatory-jabs-nhs-staff-e
....on the negative side, too late for 40,000 care workers!

Nadra Ahmed, the chair of the National Care Association, told BBC Breakfast the sector had lost about 40,000 staff, and she was “saddened for all the people who may have lost their jobs needlessly” due to the vaccination policy.

She said: “I think we’re really happy for our NHS colleagues if this is what’s going to happen because it’s an unnecessary burden, and persuasion will bring us to the same outcome.”

[Post edited 31 Jan 2022 9:11]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

On a positive note.... on 09:27 - Jan 31 with 615 viewsSwansea_Blue

Is there anything they're able to not feck up?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

On a positive note.... on 09:36 - Jan 31 with 577 viewsGlasgowBlue

On a positive note.... on 09:27 - Jan 31 by Swansea_Blue

Is there anything they're able to not feck up?

Surely when the data changes then you change the policy accordingly?

When delta was the dominant variant, it caused far more serious illness and death. The vaccine was also proven to have some effectiveness against transition for a a few months.

Now omicron is the dominant variant, it is far more mild and the vaccine has been shown to be less effective in co batting transmission.

Seems an entirely logical decision.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

On a positive note.... on 09:37 - Jan 31 with 574 viewsWD19

I would like to see evidence on the "persuasion will bring us to the same outcome” (of 100% of front line staff being vaccinated). All the evidence to date is that the wonkiness of these 80k+ individuals is unlikely to change.
On a positive note.... on 10:20 - Jan 31 with 509 viewsSwansea_Blue

On a positive note.... on 09:36 - Jan 31 by GlasgowBlue

Surely when the data changes then you change the policy accordingly?

When delta was the dominant variant, it caused far more serious illness and death. The vaccine was also proven to have some effectiveness against transition for a a few months.

Now omicron is the dominant variant, it is far more mild and the vaccine has been shown to be less effective in co batting transmission.

Seems an entirely logical decision.

I thought the knowledge on how best to increase uptake of vaccinations has remained consistent? Haven't we know from the start that dialogue and programmes to convince and persuade are more successful than a mandate? That's the angle I was coming from.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

On a positive note.... on 14:11 - Jan 31 with 421 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

On a positive note.... on 10:20 - Jan 31 by Swansea_Blue

I thought the knowledge on how best to increase uptake of vaccinations has remained consistent? Haven't we know from the start that dialogue and programmes to convince and persuade are more successful than a mandate? That's the angle I was coming from.

There were and are many on here who are very keen on the mandate route who must be feeling very let down again by the government on one of the few policies I imagine they agreed with. I wonder how they now feel about those 40,000 care workers now lost to the profession?

On a positive note.... on 13:20 - Feb 1 with 319 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

On a positive note.... on 14:11 - Jan 31 by BanksterDebtSlave

There were and are many on here who are very keen on the mandate route who must be feeling very let down again by the government on one of the few policies I imagine they agreed with. I wonder how they now feel about those 40,000 care workers now lost to the profession?

Not too bothered I guess!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024