Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do do dooo Putin is a [habitual masturbator] 19:42 - Mar 5 with 976 viewsMullet

Must be the surrealist thing I've ever chanted at a game, with a massive round of applause for BLM and superb rendition of EEJB we were having fun all before kick off.

Fleetwood is an oddity of a ground with the old stand and new stand down the side of the pitch, bookended by a social club with bars on the windows. Two unequal terraces behind the goal and a giant modern side stand I've seen at small grounds all over.

The pitch was a disgrace though. So when we played some of our more compact football, and in the second half were pinning ourselves back in the middle of our box it felt like we might repeat last week.

The first half seemed really familiar albeit with a rejuvenated looking Piggott. How much of that was coaching and how much was confidence nurtured away from fans' eyes I dunno but there's a player there who deserved something from his link up play and work with the ball.

Celina at CM seemed really bold especially in a two, but Fleetwood weren't interested in midfield. Harrison has a real nasty streak and that got shown as the game wore on so did his antics. It was odd that of our two ex-players he deserved the abuse and baiting Toto got.

The CB was what he always was, not good enough for Town but did his job. I don't think there's any shame in that.

Whilst Fleetwood seemed to want to be our antithesis some of the movement today was excellent. Thompson has become scapegoat of choice and when he did lose the ball he copped far more than others who were more careless, but he seemed less lethargic today and was on the end of more than one nasty challenge.

Morsy was unleashed when Bakinson came on, and just as I shouted for Burns to Uhlenbeek it across the goal it was brilliant to see our Captain take what he should have had last week and knock it in. He seemed less surprised than the rest of us tumbling about on the concrete and each other.

Jackson was tireless today and Celina back to his magical self. How he is not dominating the league above I don't know. He seems to just sprinkle 10 minute spells on games and when they yield a crisp control and finish out of Jackson you know things have really picked up at ITFC.

The away end was in fine voice, but got a bit nervy after 15 mins or so as it seemed like we were going to pass our way into getting punished. But once McKenna had us changing shape and pushing Fleetwood into ragged lines and desperate manoeuvres it was clear our quality would see it out.

It felt like another draw today would kill everything off, but with little margin for error and luck still needed, it at least keeps things interesting and makes days like today so much fun again.

The biggest frustration is knowing that had we had this in August when we were meant to, we'd be all but up now. Instead it's another "next year Rodders" approach looming once the first setback arrives.

Until then, best to just keep hoping.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Do do dooo Putin is a [habitual masturbator] on 21:03 - Mar 5 with 797 viewsSitfcB

Two rotten Northern away days out of the way thank god.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Do do dooo Putin is a [habitual masturbator] on 21:23 - Mar 5 with 726 viewsSteve_M

Harrison’s challenge on Edmundson and the subsequent one on Burns not being given as fouls was about the only thing the ref got wrong today IMO.

That challenge by Harrison was less bad than the awful one in the first minute at Fratton Park in late 2019; ref bottled the red card.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Do do dooo Putin is a [habitual masturbator] on 08:10 - Mar 6 with 428 viewsMullet

Do do dooo Putin is a [habitual masturbator] on 21:03 - Mar 5 by SitfcB

Two rotten Northern away days out of the way thank god.

They've been two great away days you silly boy.

Do do dooo Putin is a [habitual masturbator] on 08:12 - Mar 6 with 413 viewsMullet

Do do dooo Putin is a [habitual masturbator] on 21:23 - Mar 5 by Steve_M

Harrison’s challenge on Edmundson and the subsequent one on Burns not being given as fouls was about the only thing the ref got wrong today IMO.

That challenge by Harrison was less bad than the awful one in the first minute at Fratton Park in late 2019; ref bottled the red card.

I dunno, Celina should really have been booked as should Morsy early on. However, Fleetwood were lucky to finish with 11 especially when Pilkington had his hissy fit.

The bit where we had two players rolling around after late and needless challenges was pretty annoying. But we've had worse by far.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024