Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oxford - pub 11:56 - Mar 18 with 985 viewsMillsTash

What's the pub to visit for Town fans tomorrow then?
[Post edited 18 Mar 2022 12:06]
Oxford - pub on 13:24 - Mar 18 with 894 viewsstonojnr

Lamb & Flag would have been the recommendation for decent beer, but I believe its closed till Easter, as is the famous JRR Tolkien/CS Lewis, Eagle & Child pub.

problem is the ground is one of those built way out of the city centre types, so all the pub recommendations, like Rose & Crown, Masons Arms, Jericho Tavern, Old Bookbinders in the centre of Oxford, end up the best part of 6miles away from where you need to be and a taxi ride to the ground.
Oxford - pub on 16:40 - Mar 18 with 772 viewsCotty

Oxford - pub on 13:24 - Mar 18 by stonojnr

Lamb & Flag would have been the recommendation for decent beer, but I believe its closed till Easter, as is the famous JRR Tolkien/CS Lewis, Eagle & Child pub.

problem is the ground is one of those built way out of the city centre types, so all the pub recommendations, like Rose & Crown, Masons Arms, Jericho Tavern, Old Bookbinders in the centre of Oxford, end up the best part of 6miles away from where you need to be and a taxi ride to the ground.

Don't forget both of the Gardener's Arms
Oxford - pub on 17:32 - Mar 18 with 696 viewsChocorange

Apparently the only places anywhere near are the George pub and British Legion club in Littlemore, about 15/20 minutes walk from the ground which apparently welcome away fans.
The George is a small pub.
Some parking available at the Legion club.

Or a little further away about 25 mins walk , there is the Catherine Wheel or kings Arms in Sandford on Thames. The first of these is a real ales pub , the second is on the banks of the Thames and is a chef and brewer.

Other than that it’s the city centre.

Take your pick.
Oxford - pub on 22:38 - Mar 18 with 532 viewsRadlett_blue

Oxford - pub on 13:24 - Mar 18 by stonojnr

I wasn't sorry to hear that the Lamb & Flag had closed, because I was stood up there by a girl in 1978.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024