Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Atmosphere at Portman Road - two suggestions 10:25 - Mar 26 with 701 viewsBobbychase

As it's now season ticket renewal time, a couple of things that might help.

1) The lower SBR will no doubt be oversubscribed again as it was last summer. Anyone who likes to get involved in the singing but can't get in there should get a ST in Cobbold Block A. The view is decent, and you are basically overlooking where Blue Action sit. If enough fans went in there and joined in the chants from the SBR it might help spread the sound.

2) More singers go in SAR - upper tier probably. When I first started going to Portman Road I stood in Churchman's and singing was pretty common there, people just needed leading. I think if a big enough group was in that stand and started songs, plenty of others would join in.
If you remember the 2001-02 season when they were rebuilding the North Stand and us NS regulars were down the other end in the top tier, it was actually really loud when it got going - the Derby/Finidi hat-trick match being the best example.

Just putting it out there.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Atmosphere at Portman Road - two suggestions on 10:58 - Mar 26 with 599 viewsNickITFC

Safe standing in SBR upper tier would encourage more people to get up there and make some more noise. Doubt you would ever see many migrate to SAR unless another closure of SBR
Atmosphere at Portman Road - two suggestions on 11:00 - Mar 26 with 594 viewstractordownsouth

They're good ideas but they seem to be suggested every year - getting people to move out of the SBRL is almost impossible.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Atmosphere at Portman Road - two suggestions on 11:04 - Mar 26 with 586 viewsBobbychase

Atmosphere at Portman Road - two suggestions on 11:00 - Mar 26 by tractordownsouth

They're good ideas but they seem to be suggested every year - getting people to move out of the SBRL is almost impossible.

I think the excitement of the McKenna/Gamechanger era might make it even harder to get season tickets in there this time round. I'd agree everyone would be in there given the choice.

Atmosphere at Portman Road - two suggestions on 11:10 - Mar 26 with 563 viewsStewart27

Completely agree regarding block A.

Have been in there twice this year and the atmosphere is picked up perfectly from SBRL. And it was also replicated in the games ive been to. Also Cobbold lower corner next to SBRL is a naughty little corner also!
Atmosphere at Portman Road - two suggestions on 11:11 - Mar 26 with 560 viewsBobbychase

Atmosphere at Portman Road - two suggestions on 11:10 - Mar 26 by Stewart27

Completely agree regarding block A.

Have been in there twice this year and the atmosphere is picked up perfectly from SBRL. And it was also replicated in the games ive been to. Also Cobbold lower corner next to SBRL is a naughty little corner also!

I sat there for the Morecambe game at the start of this season as didn't fancy being in the SBR due to Covid. Great view when Town are attacking the SBR end and you get to appreciate the Blue Action efforts more.

Atmosphere at Portman Road - two suggestions on 11:20 - Mar 26 with 535 viewsITFC_Forever

Block A and the last block of the Portman Terrace where the Blue Action Under 5s are establishing themselves would be the next best if / when the SBRL sells out.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Atmosphere at Portman Road - two suggestions on 11:24 - Mar 26 with 521 viewsDyland

Atmosphere at Portman Road - two suggestions on 11:20 - Mar 26 by ITFC_Forever

Block A and the last block of the Portman Terrace where the Blue Action Under 5s are establishing themselves would be the next best if / when the SBRL sells out.

'Blue Action Under 5s'

Mean!

And amusing :)

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024