Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Positive thread: Who do you want to see in the remaining games? 17:57 - Apr 2 with 476 viewsKievthegreat

Now that the playoffs are gone, what youngsters do you want to see more of?

For me it's:
Humphrey (to see if he is all that Dyer says he is)
Simpson (partly to see him, but also just to reintegrate him to the club)
Baggot (because I'm not really sure what type of CB he is and how he fits into our system)

Positive thread: Who do you want to see in the remaining games? on 17:59 - Apr 2 with 446 viewsStu_boy

I've not heard simpdon has signed a new contract? If that's the case and he is off then im non plussed on him but id like to see el mizouni alongside morsy
Positive thread: Who do you want to see in the remaining games? on 17:59 - Apr 2 with 446 viewswkj

Anyone but Aluko, Burns, Celina.

Clearly our best players are ones we should work on replacing before our weakest ones, so we should not play them.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2022 17:59]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Positive thread: Who do you want to see in the remaining games? on 18:00 - Apr 2 with 438 viewspointofblue

Who would you drop for Baggott? Burgess?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Positive thread: Who do you want to see in the remaining games? on 18:00 - Apr 2 with 438 viewsmarchy

Exactly that - Humphrey for Carroll/Bakinson, Simpson for...anyone up front, and Baggott with Burgess moved out to the left to see whether that showing against Wycombe away was a one-off.
Positive thread: Who do you want to see in the remaining games? on 18:01 - Apr 2 with 430 viewspointofblue

Positive thread: Who do you want to see in the remaining games? on 18:00 - Apr 2 by marchy

Exactly that - Humphrey for Carroll/Bakinson, Simpson for...anyone up front, and Baggott with Burgess moved out to the left to see whether that showing against Wycombe away was a one-off.

Burgess was left back against Wycombe rather than left wing back wasn't he?

Positive thread: Who do you want to see in the remaining games? on 18:03 - Apr 2 with 421 viewsmarchy

Positive thread: Who do you want to see in the remaining games? on 18:01 - Apr 2 by pointofblue

Burgess was left back against Wycombe rather than left wing back wasn't he?

Yeah, but even with the setup lop-sided it seemed to work really well, could be an interesting card to have in the deck.
Positive thread: Who do you want to see in the remaining games? on 18:05 - Apr 2 with 402 viewspointofblue

Positive thread: Who do you want to see in the remaining games? on 18:03 - Apr 2 by marchy

Yeah, but even with the setup lop-sided it seemed to work really well, could be an interesting card to have in the deck.

I'm just thinking, if we're concerned about Thompson's lack of attacking ability I'm not sure what we'd make of Burgess.

Positive thread: Who do you want to see in the remaining games? on 18:09 - Apr 2 with 382 viewsmarchy

Positive thread: Who do you want to see in the remaining games? on 18:05 - Apr 2 by pointofblue

I'm just thinking, if we're concerned about Thompson's lack of attacking ability I'm not sure what we'd make of Burgess.

Yeah, Thompson's not enough going forwards - maybe wouldn't be worth trying without an out-and-out winger in front of him, I think we had Edwards there that time and he's not available to repeat the experiment...
Login to get fewer ads

Positive thread: Who do you want to see in the remaining games? on 18:10 - Apr 2 with 371 viewswkj

Positive thread: Who do you want to see in the remaining games? on 18:09 - Apr 2 by marchy

Yeah, Thompson's not enough going forwards - maybe wouldn't be worth trying without an out-and-out winger in front of him, I think we had Edwards there that time and he's not available to repeat the experiment...

Garbutt would have fit into this squad well this season.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Positive thread: Who do you want to see in the remaining games? on 18:21 - Apr 2 with 341 viewsBigCommon

Personally , don't think we should piss around too much with the defence.. I wouldn't mind seeing Humphrey or Simpson given a few minutes here and there....
Technically, we can still qualify for play offs.. Might be deemed a little unprofessional to treat our next few games as training matches... Especially , from the point of view , of some of our investors..
Once it's mathematically impossible. Then I'd say , we are in early pre-season for next year.. Rest a few , give some first team experience to a few...
But I don't see the point of chucking too many youngsters and fringe players in at once, in any game.. That's no different to playing in a reserve team.. Especially for attack minded platers, like Humphrey and Simpson.. Who I think, we'd see more from. If we were in control of games, elsewhere on the pitch...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024