Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
updated target 18:41 - Mar 12 with 1689 viewsHARRY10

Slightly increased over the past weeks, and further today

Based on points per game, 6th place has much stayed the same since January. At the moment the five above us would finish on

4. Plymouth 83
5. Oxford 82
6. Sheff Weds 82
7. Sunderland 80
8. Wycombe 77

taking our average from Xmas (rather than Cooks failing team) we are on target for 76 points

it would mean we would need 22 points from our final 24 points, to finish equal 6th

expect us to win against Crewe, Cambridge, Charlton and Shrewsbury, it would then require 2 draws and 2 wins against Oxford, Plymouth, Wigan and Rotherham to be near at the end, and to equal the form under McK - 2 points a game

It's not over until..... however, she is now up in front of the mike and taking a deep breath

updated target on 21:59 - Mar 15 with 1514 viewsHARRY10

4. Plymouth 84.5
5. Oxford 82
6. Sheff Weds 81
7. Sunderland 80
8. Wycombe 78.6

6th place dropped down a point, but we still need 7 wins out of 8 games to finish level as we did in 2015 (with the better goal difference)

we need at least 3 of that 5 to fck up
[Post edited 15 Mar 2022 22:03]
updated target on 22:04 - Mar 15 with 1475 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

updated target on 21:59 - Mar 15 by HARRY10

4. Plymouth 84.5
5. Oxford 82
6. Sheff Weds 81
7. Sunderland 80
8. Wycombe 78.6

6th place dropped down a point, but we still need 7 wins out of 8 games to finish level as we did in 2015 (with the better goal difference)

The top 8 is looking very “bloated”, it’ll take quite a run to catch our “betters” above.
updated target on 22:10 - Mar 15 with 1441 viewshype313

Just can't see it, as much as I'd love us to make a late charge, I think those two games the other week killed it, add in not getting 3 points from Pompey has made it such a big ask.

If our strike force were all firing on all cylinders then there would be a maybe, but they're all in a funk at the wrong time.

Hopefully I'll be made to eat my words, but if nothing else we can look forward to charging on next season.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

updated target on 01:41 - Mar 21 with 1232 viewsHARRY10

4. Plymouth 83
5. Oxford 82
6. Sheff Weds 82
7. Sunderland 80
8. Wycombe 77

now

4. Plymouth 86
5. Oxford 81.3
6. Sheff Weds 80
7. Sunderland 79
8. Wycombe 78

All bar Plymouth dropped points, so the average points per game (and finishing total) drops marginally

Plymouth have one helluva difficult run in. Chelt, on Tues then us, Oxford, Burton, Wycombe , Sunderland, Wigan, MK Dons

Baring a collapse from 3 of the 5 above us, I think it is now beyond us.

However, the previous runaway leader Rotherham have only picked up 5 points from a possible 15 - so it ain't over, until it is over

ask Devon Lochs owners (best bit 1min 30secs)

updated target on 07:19 - Mar 21 with 1032 viewsChrisd

updated target on 01:41 - Mar 21 by HARRY10

4. Plymouth 83
5. Oxford 82
6. Sheff Weds 82
7. Sunderland 80
8. Wycombe 77

now

4. Plymouth 86
5. Oxford 81.3
6. Sheff Weds 80
7. Sunderland 79
8. Wycombe 78

All bar Plymouth dropped points, so the average points per game (and finishing total) drops marginally

Plymouth have one helluva difficult run in. Chelt, on Tues then us, Oxford, Burton, Wycombe , Sunderland, Wigan, MK Dons

However, the previous runaway leader Rotherham have only picked up 5 points from a possible 15 - so it ain't over, until it is over

You mentioned in an earlier post we now need to win 7 of our 8 remain fixtures, we’ve not won 3 consecutive games all season. I think even if you are the most optimistic Town fan, you know logically the chances of us finishing 6th are hugely remote.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

updated target on 08:21 - Mar 21 with 938 viewsBlueBoots

updated target on 01:41 - Mar 21 by HARRY10

4. Plymouth 83
5. Oxford 82
6. Sheff Weds 82
7. Sunderland 80
8. Wycombe 77

now

4. Plymouth 86
5. Oxford 81.3
6. Sheff Weds 80
7. Sunderland 79
8. Wycombe 78

Think it's pretty clear that we are the Unlucky Alf of the footballing world...can't see us finishing with less than 75 points which, barring the odd season, would be enough to make the play-offs in every season for the past 20 years...and, knowing our luck, once we can't make the play-offs we'll probably give Tyreece Simpson a run-out and he'll bang in a hattrick.

You mentioned Plymouth's Run-In, so here are the remaining Top 9 fixtures for the rest of the season...

Ipswich v Plymouth
Plymouth v Oxford
Oxford v Sunderland
Rotherham v Ipswich
MK Dons v Sheff Wed
Wycombe v Plymouth
Ipswich v Wigan
Oxford v MK Dons
Plymouth v Sunderland
Rotherham v Oxford
Wigan v Plymouth
Wycombe v Sheff Wed
Sunderland v Rotherham
Plymouth v MK Dons

Still lots of potential for the teams above us to take points off eachother and give us a chance to catch up, but frustrating to think going unbeaten to the end of the season with 4 wins and 3 draws still probably won't be enough...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

updated target on 11:36 - Mar 21 with 757 viewsChrisd

updated target on 08:21 - Mar 21 by BlueBoots

Think it's pretty clear that we are the Unlucky Alf of the footballing world...can't see us finishing with less than 75 points which, barring the odd season, would be enough to make the play-offs in every season for the past 20 years...and, knowing our luck, once we can't make the play-offs we'll probably give Tyreece Simpson a run-out and he'll bang in a hattrick.

You mentioned Plymouth's Run-In, so here are the remaining Top 9 fixtures for the rest of the season...

Ipswich v Plymouth
Plymouth v Oxford
Oxford v Sunderland
Rotherham v Ipswich
MK Dons v Sheff Wed
Wycombe v Plymouth
Ipswich v Wigan
Oxford v MK Dons
Plymouth v Sunderland
Rotherham v Oxford
Wigan v Plymouth
Wycombe v Sheff Wed
Sunderland v Rotherham
Plymouth v MK Dons

Still lots of potential for the teams above us to take points off eachother and give us a chance to catch up, but frustrating to think going unbeaten to the end of the season with 4 wins and 3 draws still probably won't be enough...

Great research from you BlueBoots, I was wondering who the others had left to play, but I'm too lazy to find out! The problem with us is although we are on a good run, we're drawing too many games (5 in the last 8) and draws won't get us in that top 6. So to expect us to suddenly win 7 of the last 8 games, I just can't comprehend.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

updated target on 13:06 - Mar 21 with 682 viewsHARRY10

updated target on 08:21 - Mar 21 by BlueBoots

Ipswich v Plymouth
Plymouth v Oxford
Oxford v Sunderland
Rotherham v Ipswich
MK Dons v Sheff Wed
Wycombe v Plymouth
Ipswich v Wigan
Oxford v MK Dons
Plymouth v Sunderland
Rotherham v Oxford
Wigan v Plymouth
Wycombe v Sheff Wed
Sunderland v Rotherham
Plymouth v MK Dons

Unlucky Alf ?

It has been a season of two halves - top and bottom half. With the 11 point gap betweem 11th and 14th being the dividing line.

To suggest that this higher than normal accumulation of points by the other 8 above us, does not include us does not ring true (rather like someone in a traffic jam complaining about the other cars).

As to the thought that teams playing each other will take points of each other that has been factored in on the final projected totals. And could be seen as meaning that points will certainly be won by our rivals in those games.

It will be a season of 'what could have been', tempered with the knowledge that so many wanted Cook, and his 3 amigos (where they now ?). So many doggedly defended him, as they did with Evans. It is a measure of his failure that so much work is needed to drag PR into the 21st century.

Frustrating as it is, there is now a clear path, determination and the wherewithal to get is out of this wretched 5,000 capacity, 3 sided ground division.

Rather an over extended stay, but hopefully 22/23 will be our farewell tour of these 'novelty' grounds.
Login to get fewer ads

updated target on 19:05 - Apr 2 with 456 viewsHARRY10

updated target on 21:59 - Mar 15 by HARRY10

4. Plymouth 84.5
5. Oxford 82
6. Sheff Weds 81
7. Sunderland 80
8. Wycombe 78.6

4. Plymouth 86
5. Sheff Weds 83
6. Sunderland 80
7. Oxford 79
8. Wycombe 79

Pretty much as has been for some months now, with Oxford being the one that has dropped - finishing points rather than places, I would suggest that it will be between S'Land and Wycombe for the final place

Plymouth have an extremely difficult final 5 games but should be able to pick up enough to stay in the play offs

At the top, the once runaway leaders Rotherham could be caught as the top three places tighten
[Post edited 2 Apr 2022 19:21]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024