Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
15,129 at PR last night 12:21 - Jul 13 with 700 viewsSitfcB

Very good for a pre-season game!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

15,129 at PR last night on 14:35 - Jul 13 with 612 viewsN2_Blue

It is and this club in terms of its support basis is just waiting to explode with some success from the team.

I'll be disappointed if Celina doesn't come back but understand if its just too much money...however Ashton et al i think really do need to deliver a powerful signing full of intent.

We have a big ST following, extra funds from Downes sale yet we still look a squad short of goals. We need a signing who has that bit extra and i think the fan base deserves it for sticking with the club as we start a 4th season in the third tier.

Derby are signing players I'd happily have in our squad. Fine if Mckenna doesn't want them that's fine but we do need at least two "make difference" signings otherwise i don't think we are much further forward than a squad that finished 11th last time around.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

15,129 at PR last night on 14:45 - Jul 13 with 591 viewspennblue

15,129 at PR last night on 14:35 - Jul 13 by N2_Blue

It is and this club in terms of its support basis is just waiting to explode with some success from the team.

I'll be disappointed if Celina doesn't come back but understand if its just too much money...however Ashton et al i think really do need to deliver a powerful signing full of intent.

We have a big ST following, extra funds from Downes sale yet we still look a squad short of goals. We need a signing who has that bit extra and i think the fan base deserves it for sticking with the club as we start a 4th season in the third tier.

Derby are signing players I'd happily have in our squad. Fine if Mckenna doesn't want them that's fine but we do need at least two "make difference" signings otherwise i don't think we are much further forward than a squad that finished 11th last time around.

The trouble is, a lot of the better players come available late. Morsy being an example from last season. If we can pull in another couple of his ilk, we will walk the league. So we need to be patient.....

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

15,129 at PR last night on 08:15 - Jul 14 with 357 viewsPioneerBlue

Great preseason attendance for mid week.

I agree with you on the goals but after 3-4 years in L1 signings are hit and miss.

More certain the player, less likely they will drop to L1. Buy a ‘top L1’ player only to find they have big dry spells too.

I don’t envy MA at this point, that’s why he has a firewall called the recruitment team! Looking at paying money to fine tune ahead of an expected championship push. If that team gets this wrong it won’t go well and will be very costly, ie price of missed promotion with costly infrastructure in place plus a few players that were all in on a 2 year promotion project.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

15,129 at PR last night on 08:27 - Jul 14 with 318 viewsKieran_Knows

Jealous at the signings Derby are making? Come on.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024