Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Builders 18:57 - Aug 24 with 1218 viewsSwailsey

Hey there,

Are there any builders who would be happy to let me email them a picture of a house I’m viewing to buy. I have concerns over brick work. PM me if so. Thank you!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Builders on 19:14 - Aug 24 with 1154 viewsDubtractor

I'm not a builder, but as a fellow 'buying a new house at the worst time financially' TWTD poster, I'd like to wish you luck!

Where are you planning on moving to? Staying in towun?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Builders on 19:35 - Aug 24 with 1083 viewsSwailsey

Builders on 19:14 - Aug 24 by Dubtractor

I'm not a builder, but as a fellow 'buying a new house at the worst time financially' TWTD poster, I'd like to wish you luck!

Where are you planning on moving to? Staying in towun?

Aye. IP4. And good luck to you!
[Post edited 24 Aug 2022 19:35]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Builders on 19:42 - Aug 24 with 1052 viewsMattinLondon

This probably won’t help but estate agents are legally bound to tell the truth - if you ask them if they know of any problems with the brick work then they’ll have to inform you. A few years ago when we brought, we noted some dodgy looking brick work and asked the estate agent (who was quite experienced) who then detailed what he thought the problem was. Much to the annoyance of the seller who knocked off 5k from the asking price. Or we got lucky.
Builders on 19:52 - Aug 24 with 1028 viewsEdwardStone

Post a picture and I'll give it a look

Although ITFCJoe is probably more experienced
Builders on 19:55 - Aug 24 with 1013 viewsjeera

Surely your surveyors will alert you to any structural type issues?

What with being paid to do that n'all!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Builders on 20:02 - Aug 24 with 982 viewsSwailsey

Builders on 19:55 - Aug 24 by jeera

Surely your surveyors will alert you to any structural type issues?

What with being paid to do that n'all!

Noted, but I have concerns which I can’t really tell the extent of yet, so am slightly loath to potential lose that money.

Don’t really want to post it publicly incase the owner is here and it’s an invasion!!

Builders on 20:09 - Aug 24 with 965 viewsjeera

Builders on 20:02 - Aug 24 by Swailsey

Noted, but I have concerns which I can’t really tell the extent of yet, so am slightly loath to potential lose that money.

Don’t really want to post it publicly incase the owner is here and it’s an invasion!!

Fair enough. Don't be afraid to voice your concerns.

Being thorough now could save loads of grief further down the line.

Point taken about being confidential.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Builders on 20:34 - Aug 24 with 903 viewsEdwardStone

Builders on 20:02 - Aug 24 by Swailsey

PM me then...
Login to get fewer ads

Builders on 22:47 - Aug 24 with 708 viewsSwailsey

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024