Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If my memory serves me well, didn’t we sign Burgess because……… 13:26 - Oct 31 with 1235 viewsbobbyramsey

……of some amazing statistic?

Didn’t he win the most aerial duels of any defender in League 1 during the course of a season or summat?

I’m sure it was something like that………..?

Better get him back asap.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2022 13:27]
If my memory serves me well, didn’t we sign Burgess because……… on 14:12 - Oct 31 with 1103 viewsLeoMuff

Think we may well see him back soon, we looked solid before his injury and better balanced, has to help with the high balls into the box.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

If my memory serves me well, didn’t we sign Burgess because……… on 14:17 - Oct 31 with 1091 viewsbobbyramsey

In which match did he get injured?
If my memory serves me well, didn’t we sign Burgess because……… on 14:22 - Oct 31 with 1064 viewsjayessess

If my memory serves me well, didn’t we sign Burgess because……… on 14:17 - Oct 31 by bobbyramsey

In which match did he get injured?

Bristol Rovers

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

If my memory serves me well, didn’t we sign Burgess because……… on 14:28 - Oct 31 with 1047 viewsitfcjoe

I think we signed him because Paul Cook panicked as the season started and was able to to one of his old mates to try and get us out of that hole.

A real shame he got injured when he did as was best he had looked in an ITFC shirt up until then

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If my memory serves me well, didn’t we sign Burgess because……… on 15:18 - Oct 31 with 901 viewsbobbyramsey

If my memory serves me well, didn’t we sign Burgess because……… on 14:28 - Oct 31 by itfcjoe

I think we signed him because Paul Cook panicked as the season started and was able to to one of his old mates to try and get us out of that hole.

A real shame he got injured when he did as was best he had looked in an ITFC shirt up until then

I’m not much of a one for stats but out of the six league games he’s played in Town only conceded one goal.

And in the 11 games in which he hasn’t featured Town have conceded 18 goals……

Proof or lies, damn lies and statistics?
[Post edited 31 Oct 2022 15:28]
If my memory serves me well, didn’t we sign Burgess because……… on 15:31 - Oct 31 with 844 viewsArnoldMoorhen

If my memory serves me well, didn’t we sign Burgess because……… on 14:12 - Oct 31 by LeoMuff

Think we may well see him back soon, we looked solid before his injury and better balanced, has to help with the high balls into the box.

We need to remember that when Daryl Murphy had a bad (but significantly less bad than Burgess') facial injury it took him a long time (maybe half a season?) to be anywhere close to as dominant in the air again.

Unless he has a complete disregard for is own well-being there will be a psychological impact as well as the physical damage to Cam.
If my memory serves me well, didn’t we sign Burgess because……… on 15:31 - Oct 31 with 848 viewsitfcjoe

If my memory serves me well, didn’t we sign Burgess because……… on 15:18 - Oct 31 by bobbyramsey

I’m not much of a one for stats but out of the six league games he’s played in Town only conceded one goal.

And in the 11 games in which he hasn’t featured Town have conceded 18 goals……

Proof or lies, damn lies and statistics?
[Post edited 31 Oct 2022 15:28]

And yet last season was the complete opposite, when Woolf and Edmundson played we dropped something like 4 points in 25 games from winning positions and when Burgess did it was something like 20 in 12.

Funny old game - personally I'd stick with Woolf and Edmundson as they offer us so much on the ball and the key to how we play - but having Burgess fit and available will be really good for the games he can play and step in for

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If my memory serves me well, didn’t we sign Burgess because……… on 15:37 - Oct 31 with 810 viewsbobbyramsey

If my memory serves me well, didn’t we sign Burgess because……… on 15:31 - Oct 31 by itfcjoe

And yet last season was the complete opposite, when Woolf and Edmundson played we dropped something like 4 points in 25 games from winning positions and when Burgess did it was something like 20 in 12.

Funny old game - personally I'd stick with Woolf and Edmundson as they offer us so much on the ball and the key to how we play - but having Burgess fit and available will be really good for the games he can play and step in for

Who knows lol? As long as we’re averaging two points plus per game who even cares……
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024