Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burgess in Team of Midweek 21:20 - Feb 16 with 782 viewsNewsTWTD

Burgess in Team of Midweek 16th Feb 2023 21:16
Blues centre-half Cameron Burgess has been named in the Sky Bet League One Team of Midweek for his display in the 0-0 draw at Bristol Rovers on Tuesday. 7

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Burgess in Team of Midweek on 21:33 - Feb 16 with 744 viewsTalkingBlues

Must be a mistake, the “mega minds” on here all insisted he was rubbish in that game.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

Burgess in Team of Midweek on 22:21 - Feb 16 with 706 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Burgess in Team of Midweek on 21:33 - Feb 16 by TalkingBlues

Must be a mistake, the “mega minds” on here all insisted he was rubbish in that game.

You are correct. I am surprised he is in it. I didn't think he was that good. I wonder how much the people deciding on the team saw of his game. Was it based on his blocked shot and the fact he kept a clean sheet?

However, I will freely admit I am no expert and perhaps he was better after all.

It is possibly based on a small number of votes but, overall, those who voted on the ratings on here ranked him below his opposite number. https://www.twtd.co.uk/match-ratings/rating/match:13517/

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Burgess in Team of Midweek on 22:28 - Feb 16 with 699 viewsTalkingBlues

Burgess in Team of Midweek on 22:21 - Feb 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

You are correct. I am surprised he is in it. I didn't think he was that good. I wonder how much the people deciding on the team saw of his game. Was it based on his blocked shot and the fact he kept a clean sheet?

However, I will freely admit I am no expert and perhaps he was better after all.

It is possibly based on a small number of votes but, overall, those who voted on the ratings on here ranked him below his opposite number. https://www.twtd.co.uk/match-ratings/rating/match:13517/

I wasn’t referring to you my brother, but it is telling that several people commented on Burgess being the best of a bad bunch after the game, they were then abused horribly for their view.

I have no idea what the process is for their decision on who makes it, but they’ve been pretty accurate so far this season IMO. I will freely admit though, that I’m surprised anybody from the club made it into the team, given the result.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

Burgess in Team of Midweek on 22:54 - Feb 16 with 656 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Burgess in Team of Midweek on 22:28 - Feb 16 by TalkingBlues

I wasn’t referring to you my brother, but it is telling that several people commented on Burgess being the best of a bad bunch after the game, they were then abused horribly for their view.

I have no idea what the process is for their decision on who makes it, but they’ve been pretty accurate so far this season IMO. I will freely admit though, that I’m surprised anybody from the club made it into the team, given the result.

I would disagree that the teams have been accurate. I can recall surprise at previous ones where the best player in our team was not selected but someone else who had a few highlights but was not the best player did get in.

Of course, it may just be that those of us who watch the whole match are not as good at making the judgement as whoever decides on the team of the week (I doubt they watch each match back in full to make the call).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Burgess in Team of Midweek on 12:56 - Feb 17 with 375 viewsbb1997

For those not aware, these teams of the week are purely based on ratings from a site called whoscored.com. They use data to determine the rating rather than 'the eye test' so these can always throw in a few random ones. For example, if a defender scores but concedes 3 the rating still thinks he's played brilliantly! We kept a clean sheet and Burgess won 8 aerial duels which the data likes.

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/8/Seasons/9142/Stages/21051/Sh
Burgess in Team of Midweek on 13:05 - Feb 17 with 363 viewsStokieBlue

Burgess in Team of Midweek on 21:33 - Feb 16 by TalkingBlues

Many felt he was poor on Tuesday night including myself.

Trying to counter that and attack those posters using a "team of the week" would seem to be an appeal to authority fallacy.

There is no evidence that the method or selection of the team of the week is more expert that the views posted on here.

Nice that you're trying to pick fights in virtually every thread now though, very adult behaviour.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024