Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I have a nasty feeling 10:21 - Apr 9 with 1136 viewsGuthrum

that Netanyahu is trying to start a war in response to his attempts to sieze control.of the judiciary being thwarted.

This round of violence kicked off with a couple of police raids on the Al-Aqsa mosque complex. Something always calculated to stir up the hornets' nest.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I have a nasty feeling on 10:56 - Apr 9 with 1012 viewsGlasgowBlue

Netanyahu should be in prison.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I have a nasty feeling on 11:36 - Apr 9 with 932 viewsstickymockwell

I have a nasty feeling on 10:56 - Apr 9 by GlasgowBlue

Netanyahu should be in prison.

China doing their thing over Taiwan too.
Next year we could have Putin, Xi, Netanyahu and Trump all with their fingers on the red button 🙄 😜

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

I have a nasty feeling on 11:56 - Apr 9 with 878 viewsstringy

I have a nasty feeling on 11:36 - Apr 9 by stickymockwell

China doing their thing over Taiwan too.
Next year we could have Putin, Xi, Netanyahu and Trump all with their fingers on the red button 🙄 😜

Admittedly I've not kept up with the news, but not sure I really get the Taiwan situation - are they that much of a threat to Xi? A beachhead for anti-communist activity? China seems to have done frighteningly well (see recent diplomatic energies in Middle East, and OPEC muttering that they could shift from dollar to Yuan), without any major military angst.

Surely Putin's disaster in Ukraine, and the US (cross-party) support for Taiwan should give them fair warning that an attack on Taiwan is a nitwit move?
I have a nasty feeling on 20:11 - Apr 9 with 659 viewsGuthrum

I have a nasty feeling on 11:56 - Apr 9 by stringy

Admittedly I've not kept up with the news, but not sure I really get the Taiwan situation - are they that much of a threat to Xi? A beachhead for anti-communist activity? China seems to have done frighteningly well (see recent diplomatic energies in Middle East, and OPEC muttering that they could shift from dollar to Yuan), without any major military angst.

Surely Putin's disaster in Ukraine, and the US (cross-party) support for Taiwan should give them fair warning that an attack on Taiwan is a nitwit move?

Xi would be mad to kick off over Taiwan now. But then I thought the same about Putin and Ukraine. I was right, but it didn't stop him having a go.

China will likely be in a stronger position in maybe 10 years. Their military strength continues to grow.

But it's all about asserting that Taiwan is a wayward province, rather than an independant nation. Any movement apart - such as visits to or from foreign senior politicians - have to be followed by a reaction, a threat.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I have a nasty feeling on 20:36 - Apr 9 with 552 viewsPlums

I have a nasty feeling on 20:11 - Apr 9 by Guthrum

Xi would be mad to kick off over Taiwan now. But then I thought the same about Putin and Ukraine. I was right, but it didn't stop him having a go.

China will likely be in a stronger position in maybe 10 years. Their military strength continues to grow.

But it's all about asserting that Taiwan is a wayward province, rather than an independant nation. Any movement apart - such as visits to or from foreign senior politicians - have to be followed by a reaction, a threat.

An invasion of Taiwan wouldn't just cause military mayhem but technological issues world wide. I was listening to a pod a couple of weeks ago where they were saying the chip and semi-conductor factories would be destroyed to prevent them falling into Chinese hands. That eventuality is one of Taiwan's defence and deterrent mechanisms.
As you say, they're unlikely to go there. Yet.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024