Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There is a light that never went out… 18:50 - Apr 26 with 1542 viewsITFC_Forever

Got in the door at 3.45am…., but the games at Bolton, Derby, Peterborough and Barnsley are games I will remember with as much affection as the likes of Southend, Watford and Oxford in 1992, Liverpool in 1992 & 2000, Helsingborg & Milan in 2001, Watford in 2015 etc.

Those real “why we bother moments”, that make the rest of the time, money and effort worth it.

All the dross. Evans, Clegg, Keane, Jewell, Hurst, Lambert and the bad days of Mick. Going back further, the years of drifting after 2005 when the squad had been sold to stave off admin and Sheepy couldn’t give Joe or Jim what they needed.

Going further back, when we couldn’t compete in the Prem under Lyall and McGiven any more.
When John Duncan wasn’t the answer. And relegation thanks to an Arsenal side on the beach.

My brother passed away in December 2017, the last game he went to before he was too ill to go was one of the depressing ones under Mick.
He wasn’t as regular a fan as some as he worked away a lot, but would always come when he could.

And so for him, and all the other blues who are in another world, I’m sure there’ll be glances to the sky on Saturday at around 5pm if all goes to plan…

It may only be promotion out of L1…. But Gamechanger have changed the game, and we have everything we want our club to be.
Our eyes will be on loftier ambitions in the next few years. And I’m sure I’ll post something similar again…..

COYBs.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

There is a light that never went out… on 18:52 - Apr 26 with 1488 viewsFunge

Heh, lovely post.
There is a light that never went out… on 19:05 - Apr 26 with 1407 viewsZx1988

Tad dusty in here...

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

There is a light that never went out… on 19:09 - Apr 26 with 1361 viewsMillsyVOR

Post of the season!! 👌
There is a light that never went out… on 19:24 - Apr 26 with 1278 viewsITFC_Forever

I’m sure I’m not the only one for who it flickered at a lower levels than usual at certain times though.

There is a light that never went out… on 19:35 - Apr 26 with 1180 viewstractor_lady

That is a lovely post I know a few who will be looking down on sat with smiles on their faces. It’s great to see all these “new fans” but as a die hard who has been through thick and thin (and still has nightmares after Peterborough away 7-1) promotion will make all those bad times feel like a million miles away and make victory even sweeter
There is a light that never went out… on 19:38 - Apr 26 with 1151 viewsIllinoisblue

Ooof. Dust blowing around here is really bad.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

There is a light that never went out… on 19:39 - Apr 26 with 1132 viewslizzibee

100% this. This season really is defining ins't it and up there with the best I have watched, most of those you have listed. But this year, I sensed something and splashed the cash and took the boy to virtually all the games (including FA Cup). He really has the buzz and I'm so happy he has experienced this and will remember this year for many many years (don't tell his teachers I bunked him out for Burnley and Barnsley - terrible things these migrants)!
My dad would have loved this. He died in 2017 and saw some absolute rubbish (along with the good stuff) but stuck through them thick and thin. But he would have loved this!
This is the start of really good things.
UPPA TOWEN
There is a light that never went out… on 20:03 - Apr 26 with 1012 viewsITFC_Forever

There is a light that never went out… on 19:39 - Apr 26 by lizzibee

100% this. This season really is defining ins't it and up there with the best I have watched, most of those you have listed. But this year, I sensed something and splashed the cash and took the boy to virtually all the games (including FA Cup). He really has the buzz and I'm so happy he has experienced this and will remember this year for many many years (don't tell his teachers I bunked him out for Burnley and Barnsley - terrible things these migrants)!
My dad would have loved this. He died in 2017 and saw some absolute rubbish (along with the good stuff) but stuck through them thick and thin. But he would have loved this!
This is the start of really good things.
UPPA TOWEN

I presume you mean migraines! I think there was a few kids who had them yesterday afternoon….

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024