Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Todays TWTD's topical discussion ...... 09:24 - Aug 17 with 409 viewsKeno

Is this picture an accurate representation of a famous musician or a grossly anti semitic caricature

The man being portrayed is

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Todays TWTD's topical discussion ...... on 09:39 - Aug 17 with 356 viewsDecageBruce

I find this interesting an will be interested in how this unfolds.

Without commenting on this directly I have been trying to explain recently to a 9 year old why, when wanting to go to school twice, as one of his hero's we was unable to go as Lewis Hamilton (wanting to 'make my face look like him and having his hair, Dad) and also his paternal Great Grandfather (my children are mixed race/heritage).

There are obviously negative connotations to 'blacking up' etc but at the same time, and possibly in this instance, nothing more than the will to represent a real person
Todays TWTD's topical discussion ...... on 09:46 - Aug 17 with 326 viewslowhouseblue

forget the nose. bernstein should only ever be played by an actor who died in 1978. how can living actors properly represent someone who has been dead for 45 years. it's appalling deadism.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Todays TWTD's topical discussion ...... on 09:47 - Aug 17 with 324 viewsKeno

Todays TWTD's topical discussion ...... on 09:39 - Aug 17 by DecageBruce

I find this interesting an will be interested in how this unfolds.

Without commenting on this directly I have been trying to explain recently to a 9 year old why, when wanting to go to school twice, as one of his hero's we was unable to go as Lewis Hamilton (wanting to 'make my face look like him and having his hair, Dad) and also his paternal Great Grandfather (my children are mixed race/heritage).

There are obviously negative connotations to 'blacking up' etc but at the same time, and possibly in this instance, nothing more than the will to represent a real person

Crumbs the Lewis Hamilton thing is an interesting one. My Grandson wanted ti go to school as Marcus Rashford but the issue of 'blacking up' was raised - thank goodness

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024