Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Safari holiday 12:34 - Nov 10 with 867 viewsitfc_bucks

I've just come into an unexpected but quite handy bit of cash and we're in the fortunate position of having a bit of saving, being debt free (except mortgage) and no pressing need to spend elsewhere.

The wife has always wanted to take our kids on a safari - is it best to book this sort of thing as a package, or try and build it yourself?

Any advice on when and where to go?
Safari holiday on 12:42 - Nov 10 with 837 viewsBuhrer

Just come back from Masai Mara safari/Diani Beach Kenya resort. Mind blowing amazing and recommended. Independently built by the wife using separate companies and hotels, we saved several thousand pounds doing that. I know few of the exact details but will ask her and send you a pm over the weekend. We went in late Oct so missed the Wildebeast migration but saw just amazing amounts of animals, very close, in a lovely viewing experience with great guides.
Safari holiday on 13:50 - Nov 10 with 758 viewsearlsgreenblue

Safari holiday on 12:42 - Nov 10 by Buhrer

Just come back from Masai Mara safari/Diani Beach Kenya resort. Mind blowing amazing and recommended. Independently built by the wife using separate companies and hotels, we saved several thousand pounds doing that. I know few of the exact details but will ask her and send you a pm over the weekend. We went in late Oct so missed the Wildebeast migration but saw just amazing amounts of animals, very close, in a lovely viewing experience with great guides.

Yes please if you’d duplicate your pm & send to me as well, looking to do exactly that type of trip at some point. Regards.
Safari holiday on 14:18 - Nov 10 with 691 viewsbelgablue

Definitely recommend doing a bit of reading and getting a broad idea of what you're looking - countries, rustic or luxury, combine with something else i.e. Zanzibar or wider tour of South Africa etc... a good friend of mine has his own safari business doing bespoke packages - will pm you his website.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Safari holiday on 14:46 - Nov 10 with 657 viewsitfc_bucks

Safari holiday on 12:42 - Nov 10 by Buhrer

Please do.
Safari holiday on 14:47 - Nov 10 with 653 viewsitfc_bucks

Safari holiday on 14:18 - Nov 10 by belgablue

Definitely recommend doing a bit of reading and getting a broad idea of what you're looking - countries, rustic or luxury, combine with something else i.e. Zanzibar or wider tour of South Africa etc... a good friend of mine has his own safari business doing bespoke packages - will pm you his website.

Thank you
Safari holiday on 15:41 - Nov 10 with 606 viewsTractone

Safari holiday on 14:18 - Nov 10 by belgablue

I always recommend South Africa - first week Shark diving, whale watching, dolphins, turtles, etc. - second week head inland for a big five Safari. In all honesty 3-4 days safari is enough, surprising how quickly kids (and you tbh) get bored of seeing a zebra, elephant, kudo.
If you go for a package check our Audley travel. I'll try and dig out our itinerary and PM you.
Safari holiday on 15:55 - Nov 10 with 569 viewsMeadowlark

We went to Disney Animal Kingdom when the littluns were little. Not quite the same I know, but we all enjoyed it!.
Safari holiday on 16:03 - Nov 10 with 552 viewsDaninthecampo

Its an amazing experience you must do it!
I don't know how old your kids are but the further south you go the more westernised it is, food, roads, toilets not long drops etc. The masai mara, serengeti and Kruger are all great places but are expensive, i prefer Zimbabwe, Malawi and Botswana to Tanzania/ Kenya and are considerably cheaper.
Each country offers something different depending on what you're after.
I've travelled nearly all over East and Southern Africa on safaris so happy to answer any questions or give suggestions
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024