Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Callum O'Hare... 09:52 - Dec 9 with 1218 viewsBigCommon

Thought he played quite well against us last week. And was the stand out, again last night for Cov'... Looks like a player chomping at the bit, after a long ACL lay off..
At 5ft 9, he's got a bit of the Chappers about him, in the 10 role..
Came to Cov' on a free transfer last Summer...
Anyone think he's someone we might look at? Aged 25 , came through the Villa ranks. And most likely looking to prove a point, as so many do , when released from a Prem' club..
Barring that injury, he sounds like a half decent fit into our 3 AM's.
Anyone got a guess on what he'd be worth?
Callum O'Hare... on 09:56 - Dec 9 with 1177 viewsGuthrum

Decent player, yes.

But ...

Who does he come into the squad in place of? Given we haven't got a lot of leeway on numbers.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Callum O'Hare... on 10:31 - Dec 9 with 1064 viewsKieran_Knows

Looked every bit of a McKenna type player.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Callum O'Hare... on 10:45 - Dec 9 with 1013 viewsNthQldITFC

I wonder what the recurrence rates are like for ACL injuries these days? Guess it depends on the extent of the injury, but have modern medical procedures improved the chances of a player returning and having a full career?

From a selfish perspective, it seems a risk for a finely tuned club given that any recurrence is likely to wipe out a whole season (and probably anything after that too). I think we're moving into the realms where we don't need to be, and shouldn't be taking a chance if the potential impact on squad funding is significant.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Callum O'Hare... on 10:51 - Dec 9 with 995 viewsBigCommon

Callum O'Hare... on 09:56 - Dec 9 by Guthrum

Decent player, yes.

But ...

Who does he come into the squad in place of? Given we haven't got a lot of leeway on numbers.

I'm thinking more rotation.. Broadhead looks jaded at times.. Can Chaplin play every minute of every game?... I know we've got Harness and Hutch in the building. Just thought this lad looks an upgrade on Harness(who I like , btw)....
Just putting it out there, as a possible player we might look at. Or enquire about for the Summer window...
I guess we'd need to see how he holds up after his ACL. So maybe one for The Summer?
Callum O'Hare... on 11:05 - Dec 9 with 947 viewsBigCommon

Callum O'Hare... on 10:45 - Dec 9 by NthQldITFC

I wonder what the recurrence rates are like for ACL injuries these days? Guess it depends on the extent of the injury, but have modern medical procedures improved the chances of a player returning and having a full career?

From a selfish perspective, it seems a risk for a finely tuned club given that any recurrence is likely to wipe out a whole season (and probably anything after that too). I think we're moving into the realms where we don't need to be, and shouldn't be taking a chance if the potential impact on squad funding is significant.

Some good points... Without knowing our true level of transfer funding, I still feel we are in the realms of perhaps having to take the odd risk on a player or two. As we have with Luongo and Axel.... Obviously, doesn't have to be O'hare.. But I still think we might gamble a little bit, to get some affordable quality through the door. And have to manage them accordingly... Like you say though, depends on just how much it would cost us, as to how big a risk we were taking.... Ready made upgrades with good fitness/injury levels, have proven to be quite expensive, going by the Summer.. We might have take someone with some "superficial damage to the box"
Callum O'Hare... on 11:05 - Dec 9 with 945 viewsGuthrum

Callum O'Hare... on 10:51 - Dec 9 by BigCommon

I'm thinking more rotation.. Broadhead looks jaded at times.. Can Chaplin play every minute of every game?... I know we've got Harness and Hutch in the building. Just thought this lad looks an upgrade on Harness(who I like , btw)....
Just putting it out there, as a possible player we might look at. Or enquire about for the Summer window...
I guess we'd need to see how he holds up after his ACL. So maybe one for The Summer?

By which time Hutchinson will probably have gone back to Chelsea. Thing about the summer might be whether he's good enough for the Prem.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Callum O'Hare... on 11:15 - Dec 9 with 917 viewsNthQldITFC

Callum O'Hare... on 11:05 - Dec 9 by BigCommon

Some good points... Without knowing our true level of transfer funding, I still feel we are in the realms of perhaps having to take the odd risk on a player or two. As we have with Luongo and Axel.... Obviously, doesn't have to be O'hare.. But I still think we might gamble a little bit, to get some affordable quality through the door. And have to manage them accordingly... Like you say though, depends on just how much it would cost us, as to how big a risk we were taking.... Ready made upgrades with good fitness/injury levels, have proven to be quite expensive, going by the Summer.. We might have take someone with some "superficial damage to the box"

Yeah. I absolutely trust them to make the right decision, I guess it's just that those three letters always seem a bit doom-ridden to me!

I think I'd rather the focus of any gamble in January was in the overseas market for youngish, developable quality players with a Hirst-like player as cover/rotation a necessity. Plus a couple of other solid reinforcements.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Callum O'Hare... on 12:19 - Dec 9 with 744 viewsmanagement

Actually I think he joined Coventry in 2020 released by Villa after been on loan at Coventry previously. My understanding is that he is out of contract at the end of the season and being 25 means no compensation thus free transfer, looked a decent player for a while, not the worst potential signing.
Login to get fewer ads

Callum O'Hare... on 12:37 - Dec 9 with 690 viewsNutkins_Return

I was at Cov game last night and see a bit of them (,as fairly local and friends support them - yes was nice to give it out about Ipswich win :)) - O'Hare is decent and he also puts a shift in. Just enjoys his football. If he can stay fit he's a good player. The one player however I would take every day of the week from Cov is Ben Sheaf. A rolls Royce of a centre mid. Outstanding at winning back possession. Like a Sam Morsy/Skuse hybrid but the good bits of both. Should be playing in the prem. Ideal Morsy long term replacement.

Simms on the other hand was absolutely dreadful and seems to be every time he plays for Cov. Confidence looks lost and he has zero anticipation. Bullet dodged there. Could be a very expensive flop.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024