Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seeing Klopp so ecstatic at a mere 3 point lead at this stage of the season…. 22:07 - Jan 1 with 785 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

….helps me appreciate the brilliant position we are in.

*that Jota pen was a joke though

Poll: Is Billm….

Seeing Klopp so ecstatic at a mere 3 point lead at this stage of the season…. on 00:40 - Jan 2 with 676 viewsChurchman

It was. There’s no point in VAR if they come out ratifying that decision. It was a rank dive in real time and looked worse on replay. Four steps and down we go. Pathetic. If that was a penalty, why was the Newcastle player not sent off?

I obviously want us to be the best we can be and compete in the PL, but it’s a bit of a circus totally geared towards enriching certain clubs.

Oh, and why have spit monster Carragher doing analysis? He’s never neutral where Liverpool anreconcerned and is not going to be. Surely they can offer up somebody else.
Seeing Klopp so ecstatic at a mere 3 point lead at this stage of the season…. on 01:06 - Jan 2 with 654 viewspointofblue

Controversial but I thought the Jota incident was a penalty. He was caught by the keeper, tried to keep on his feet but couldn’t. Dubravka catching him dud deny a clear goal scoring opportunity. Think it could be deemed the keeper was going for the ball, so double jeopardy came into play regarding the colour of the card.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Seeing Klopp so ecstatic at a mere 3 point lead at this stage of the season…. on 02:29 - Jan 2 with 634 viewsHalifaxBlue

Seeing Klopp so ecstatic at a mere 3 point lead at this stage of the season…. on 01:06 - Jan 2 by pointofblue

Controversial but I thought the Jota incident was a penalty. He was caught by the keeper, tried to keep on his feet but couldn’t. Dubravka catching him dud deny a clear goal scoring opportunity. Think it could be deemed the keeper was going for the ball, so double jeopardy came into play regarding the colour of the card.

He was touched but that doesn't make it a foul or DOGSO. And he absolutely did not try to keep on his feet, he easily could have stayed up. Game of opinions and all that, but I don't see how anyone could say he tried to keep his feet when he went down so late.

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

Seeing Klopp so ecstatic at a mere 3 point lead at this stage of the season…. on 07:31 - Jan 2 with 552 viewsVaughan8

Seeing Klopp so ecstatic at a mere 3 point lead at this stage of the season…. on 01:06 - Jan 2 by pointofblue

I think this is why it wasn't overturned but the touch the goalie gave him did not make him fall like that. Therefore he's dived.

He's dived because he took it too wide and clearly.didnt back himself to score.

This VAR just doesn't seem to "get" the game.
Seeing Klopp so ecstatic at a mere 3 point lead at this stage of the season…. on 08:59 - Jan 2 with 486 viewsChurchman

He did keep on his feet. That’s the point. He was barely touched and took three or four more paces. Jota saw the angle narrowing and threw himself down. He cheated, pure and simple. Does anyone seriously think that if say a Luton player has flung himself down like that at Anfield it would have been given? Of course not.

In any case if it was that hard to stay on your feet four paces after a light brush, 1000s of people would be on the ground in London every day.

As for this ‘old pro’ ‘well he was touched so had a right to go down’ nonsense. No he didn’t. Just because Shearer and whistle through your teeth while spouting rubbish Danny Murphy and co dived like hell doesn’t make it right.

As for using words like simulation, that’s just a mealy mouthed gloss over for cheats. Players screaming and rolling about holding their faces when not touched - plenty of that. It’s sanctioned because it makes it easier for weak officials to favour the bigger clubs. Carry on like this and football will become as farcical as the wrestling in the time of World of Sport.

One solution is to say there must be clear daylight between players at all times and keepers must step out of the way if a player runs at them. No tackling or challenges. That’d solve the problem. Pity you’d have no game left.
[Post edited 2 Jan 9:31]
Seeing Klopp so ecstatic at a mere 3 point lead at this stage of the season…. on 10:43 - Jan 2 with 391 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

Seeing Klopp so ecstatic at a mere 3 point lead at this stage of the season…. on 00:40 - Jan 2 by Churchman

It was. There’s no point in VAR if they come out ratifying that decision. It was a rank dive in real time and looked worse on replay. Four steps and down we go. Pathetic. If that was a penalty, why was the Newcastle player not sent off?

I obviously want us to be the best we can be and compete in the PL, but it’s a bit of a circus totally geared towards enriching certain clubs.

Oh, and why have spit monster Carragher doing analysis? He’s never neutral where Liverpool anreconcerned and is not going to be. Surely they can offer up somebody else.

Spit monster 😆

Poll: Is Billm….

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024