Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich Town 11:29 - May 2 with 1823 viewsnewcastlefan1984

I was born in Ipswich and I am sad to see my hometown team in the state they are in today.

Ipswich when I was 16 just got back to the Premier League and the buzz around town was just great. If you could just convince Marcus Evans what would happen if he actually invested in the club and entrusted the manager whoever it will be with the funds to build a team that could get Ipswich back into the Premier League then the rewards would just be priceless.

The kudos of having Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea coming to town was just superb for Ipswich supporters I remember at the time. Getting tickets was near on impossible as the stadium was undergoing a rebuild.

My team Newcastle when you watch our history DVD have gone through the exactly same scenario. A lack of investment saw our best players sold in Waddle, Beardsley and Gascoigne in the 1980s and we went down to the old Division 2 and nearly the old Division 3 until Kevin Keegan came in.

At the moment, Ipswich Town just seem directionless and no care is given to the supporters. In the Championship now, you need to spend something to compete and the amount to which Mick McCarthy had in January and the whole of this season as a whole was derisory and nothing short of insulting.

You as supporters have quite rightly have had enough and have to vote with your feet to demonstrate to the board things cannot go on as it is. We had the same problem with Mike Ashley.

You do not expect to be lavished with £10/£15million signings but at least have a go and see if you can replicate what occurred in the 2014/2015 season.

I hope for you all that your board will see sense and that from the summer onwards Ipswich rebuilds and becomes a success again.

I was at the game when my team Newcastle lost to Ipswich and although we were defeated, in a way it was nice to see Ipswich back to a healthy 26,000 crowd which it should be.

Ipswich Town on 11:33 - May 2 with 1783 viewsStenvict

Why are you a Newcastle fan?

Poll: What will be announced first?

Ipswich Town on 11:38 - May 2 with 1762 viewsTIB

Ipswich Town on 11:33 - May 2 by Stenvict

Part of the employment contract when working at Sports Direct.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Ipswich Town on 13:39 - May 3 with 1455 viewsnewcastlefan1984

Ipswich Town on 11:33 - May 2 by Stenvict

Became a fan when Kevin Keegan took us into the Premier League in 1993 and enjoyed the way we played. Have been a fan ever since.
Ipswich Town on 13:49 - May 3 with 1423 viewsSuperfrans

Ipswich Town on 13:39 - May 3 by newcastlefan1984

Became a fan when Kevin Keegan took us into the Premier League in 1993 and enjoyed the way we played. Have been a fan ever since.

You live in Newcastle?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Ipswich Town on 13:53 - May 3 with 1403 viewsPJH

Should that not be 'took them' and 'way they played' as you were apparently not a fan of theirs until after those events?
Ipswich Town on 15:25 - May 3 with 1308 viewsWadeyBlue

Strange. We (ITFC) got promotion to the Premier League in 1992. That didn't entice you to support us at all?

Poll: In our multicultural society and ever changing world should we offer halal food?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024