Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great night out recommendation. 07:34 - Jun 21 with 2035 viewsLord_Lucan

My lovely daughter took me out to The Salthouse last night for their Iberian food and wine tasting evening. It consisted of a four course Iberian style meal with accompanying wines. I have to admit I was a little nervous as there were only 6 wines to taste with the meal and I envisisaged a rather dry evening as 6 glasses is not a great deal in the scheme of things. No need to worry, each tipple was generously topped up with great gusto so the vino was flowing throughout. Only problem was that there was an abundance of white wine and the menu had lamb for main and cheese for the final course. Daughter eats and drinks anything except white wine, lamb and cheese. Poor old baby gave it a good go but completely through up all over herself at the end. Complete carnage! At £55 a head though I have to say it was an absolutely fantastic evening and amazing value for money. Check it out folks.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Great night out recommendation. on 07:44 - Jun 21 with 1971 viewsSteve_M

A proud father writes....

The rest of it sounds good though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Great night out recommendation. on 08:00 - Jun 21 with 1922 viewsJakeITFC

That sounds brilliant.
Great night out recommendation. on 08:27 - Jun 21 with 1878 viewsITFC1983

Great night out recommendation. on 08:00 - Jun 21 by JakeITFC

That sounds brilliant.

The daughter Lucan bit?

Poll: £16m Mario Balotelli or £11m Ross McCormack or £FREE* David McGoldrick

Great night out recommendation. on 09:20 - Jun 21 with 1786 viewsBlueStreak

Do you know how long this is going to be going on for?

Edit - LL - Just checked, looks like they are just one off nights, will look out for them coming up in the future as love evenings like that.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2017 9:26]
Great night out recommendation. on 09:27 - Jun 21 with 1760 viewsLord_Lucan

Great night out recommendation. on 09:20 - Jun 21 by BlueStreak

Do you know how long this is going to be going on for?

Edit - LL - Just checked, looks like they are just one off nights, will look out for them coming up in the future as love evenings like that.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2017 9:26]

It was one night only. Apparently they do this - and similar - evenings every now and then, I suggest pinging them an email. It really was very good.

I was talking with someone who had previously been to a champagne tasting evening there and he reckons he was hammered by the end of it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Great night out recommendation. on 10:18 - Jun 21 with 1666 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Sounds good, cheers for that. Will look out for the next one.
Great night out recommendation. on 10:36 - Jun 21 with 1635 viewsBlueStreak

Great night out recommendation. on 09:27 - Jun 21 by Lord_Lucan

It was one night only. Apparently they do this - and similar - evenings every now and then, I suggest pinging them an email. It really was very good.

I was talking with someone who had previously been to a champagne tasting evening there and he reckons he was hammered by the end of it.

Sounds like my sort of evening. I will send them an email.
Great night out recommendation. on 10:40 - Jun 21 with 1618 viewsLord_Lucan

Great night out recommendation. on 10:36 - Jun 21 by BlueStreak

Sounds like my sort of evening. I will send them an email.

Could you settle my bar tab at the same time, what with all the kerfuffle I forgot to settle up, it's only a couple of Aspalls.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024