Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think McCarthy will be here as long 22:56 - Jun 26 with 1841 viewshoofer

As Evans owns the club unless he dies or something tragic happens just seems to me that Town could well be his last club ,
The bloke should of been gone a while back but is still here he can't do no wrong anyone think differently?
[Post edited 26 Jun 2017 23:02]
I think McCarthy will be here as long on 23:14 - Jun 26 with 1786 viewsclive_baker

Given his contract is up at the end of the season I would think he'll be off unless we show real progress this year. Another season like last season, further dwindling ticket sales etc and he'll be off.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I think McCarthy will be here as long on 23:17 - Jun 26 with 1776 viewsJimmyJazz

I think McCarthy will be here as long on 23:14 - Jun 26 by clive_baker

Given his contract is up at the end of the season I would think he'll be off unless we show real progress this year. Another season like last season, further dwindling ticket sales etc and he'll be off.

At the same time an improved season, with even a top half finish at the end, and he'll be here longer. Works both ways. Don't see ticket sales being a deciding factor, he'll go if we get relegated

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

I think McCarthy will be here as long on 23:19 - Jun 26 with 1769 viewsWicklowBlue

So you are a Mick outer then?

Outside of our immediate sphere most people think Mick has done a great job with limited resources. I know and agree there are multiple arguments for and against this...personally at this point Mick seems to be getting more backing financially so hoping things will turn around.

Mick is no mug by any means, so he will want to ammend for last season. He admitted himself that by Christmas he knew we were in for a scrap last season and maybe that defined the defensive/scrapping approach. Perhaps he expected more from players he signed, but he has been bargain basement shopping throughout his time here. If, as we are seeing ME gives him funds then this season will define his tenure.

I am starting to feel more confident that our weaknesses are being addressed so lets see how we fair. I do know that if we end up towards the bottom of the league there is not many managers I would want at the helm other than MM.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2017 23:20]
I think McCarthy will be here as long on 23:24 - Jun 26 with 1745 viewshoofer

I think McCarthy will be here as long on 23:19 - Jun 26 by WicklowBlue

So you are a Mick outer then?

Outside of our immediate sphere most people think Mick has done a great job with limited resources. I know and agree there are multiple arguments for and against this...personally at this point Mick seems to be getting more backing financially so hoping things will turn around.

Mick is no mug by any means, so he will want to ammend for last season. He admitted himself that by Christmas he knew we were in for a scrap last season and maybe that defined the defensive/scrapping approach. Perhaps he expected more from players he signed, but he has been bargain basement shopping throughout his time here. If, as we are seeing ME gives him funds then this season will define his tenure.

I am starting to feel more confident that our weaknesses are being addressed so lets see how we fair. I do know that if we end up towards the bottom of the league there is not many managers I would want at the helm other than MM.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2017 23:20]

Yes I dislike him .
I think McCarthy will be here as long on 23:40 - Jun 26 with 1719 viewsWicklowBlue

I think McCarthy will be here as long on 23:24 - Jun 26 by hoofer

Yes I dislike him .

I hear you and understand that. I wanted him gone after the Lincoln debacle and the crap football on display.

But after consideration I am not sure whether our thoughts on changing the manager would have made a difference. We didnt have enough quality in the squad.

Yes he played Chambers at right back for far too long. Dougie wasnt contributing anything and Skuse was pilloried from on high...much like Leadbitter before.

Wasn't everything looking so much brighter after the first couple of games last season? Ward scoring a hat trick etc. Then we sold Murph which had a huge impact as we didnt replace him.

We could go on and on...but equally Mick has had success here too. For me this season will define Micks tenure if we sign Emyr and another striker. Im ready to give him a chance and back him, talk to me in November I might think different.
I think McCarthy will be here as long on 23:43 - Jun 26 with 1706 viewsEastTownBlue

I think McCarthy will be here as long on 23:14 - Jun 26 by clive_baker

Don't forget that there is an option for a further two years. Which side can trigger it I don't know.
I think McCarthy will be here as long on 23:54 - Jun 26 with 1692 viewsWicklowBlue

I think McCarthy will be here as long on 23:43 - Jun 26 by EastTownBlue

Don't forget that there is an option for a further two years. Which side can trigger it I don't know.

Another season like last I doubt neither side will want to extend. At least we're not ripping things up and changing managers every 6 months.

There is a reason we appear to be spending more on players this season...ME attempting to back his man for once?
I think McCarthy will be here as long on 23:58 - Jun 26 with 1677 viewsSwansea_Blue

He's got a nice low benchmark to beat after last season for this one to be seen as a improvement. I suspect he's pretty safe unless ME splashes more cash and raises his expectations.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024