Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you eat this food 08:06 - Jul 8 with 2497 viewsgtsb1966

and is it acceptable for vegetarians. Don't know if it will ever be massed produced in my lifetime,I'm 51, but I can see it becoming the norm sooner rather than later. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/technology-40496863/lab-grown-meat-the-future-of-fo
Would you eat this food on 08:14 - Jul 8 with 2466 viewsTLA

It is really interesting.

A friend told me about similar attempts in China to produce beef that will never have been the flesh of a living animal - he asked if, as a veggie, I would eat it. It's an interesting question as I don't eat meat as a moral choice, not because I don't love the taste. I still haven't worked out if I would or not!
[Post edited 8 Jul 2017 8:53]
Would you eat this food on 08:16 - Jul 8 with 2464 viewsDanTheMan

Absolutely.

I have a vegan friend who would eat these although says he's not overly fussed by it. Been vegan so long that he'd probably just not get it anyway.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2017 8:16]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Would you eat this food on 08:20 - Jul 8 with 2447 viewsSwansea_Blue

Totally depends on whether person is a veggie/vegan for moral or health reasons I suppose. If for health reasons they wouldn't touch it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Would you eat this food on 08:47 - Jul 8 with 2421 viewsgordon

Definitely acceptable to me - probably wouldn't bother that much though. Suspect that when mass produced it will convert lots of people - if it were the same taste and health effects as eating animal flesh, then eating animals would become pretty nonsensical.
Would you eat this food on 08:55 - Jul 8 with 2400 viewsnoggin

Would you eat this food on 08:47 - Jul 8 by gordon

Definitely acceptable to me - probably wouldn't bother that much though. Suspect that when mass produced it will convert lots of people - if it were the same taste and health effects as eating animal flesh, then eating animals would become pretty nonsensical.

I just can't believe that the taste will compare, without adding some sort of artificial flavouring.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Would you eat this food on 09:05 - Jul 8 with 2385 viewsgerard1947

As a veggie of over 30 years who's main motivation is not eating animals, if this product hasn't caused the death of an animal then I may eat it.

On the other hand, meat real or synthetic has no attraction to me anymore. Basically I really don't fancy it.
Would you eat this food on 09:11 - Jul 8 with 2362 viewsMark

Yes - I would definitely eat this and see it as one of the key scientific advances of the coming years, for both food production and animal welfare. We could then just use animals for dairy and treat them better rather than ever more intensive farming.
on 09:14 - Jul 8 with 2352 views_

Login to get fewer ads

Would you eat this food on 09:17 - Jul 8 with 2348 viewsStokieBlue

Would you eat this food on 08:55 - Jul 8 by noggin

I just can't believe that the taste will compare, without adding some sort of artificial flavouring.

The flavour comes from working the muscles - they will do this.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Would you eat this food on 09:18 - Jul 8 with 2339 viewsStokieBlue

This has been happening for a while, it will become much more mainstream in future years.

Remember, you an eat any animal you can get a cell for without the moral implications.

Dolphin burger or lion steak etc.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024