Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Orwell cruise vs. Clacton 10:05 - Aug 3 with 1003 viewsBlueySwede

Going to Ipswich tomorrow with my best mate and staying until Monday. Usually we just stay in the town and drink beer, but this time I feel that there is enough time to do something else for a few hours. I have thought about a few options.
Train to Clacton-on-sea - seems nice from the pictures I have seen.
Orwell River Cruise - seems lovely as well.
Going to London - actually I have never been there (though I have been to Ipswich about 15 times). Would be lovely, but I do think you need a couple of days there to enjoy it (so not very likely)
What do you recommend? Any other small excursions that you can make just for a couple of hours.
Orwell cruise vs. Clacton on 11:23 - Aug 3 with 946 viewsSteve_M

Clacton is nice compared to Jaywick at least.... If you fancy the coast then Felixstowe is an easier option, albeit the two ends (near the port and Felixstowe Ferry) are nicer than the bit in the middle.

Or go further up to Southwold which is nice if crowded at times.

A cruise down the Orwell is quite nice if the weather forecast is good.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Orwell cruise vs. Clacton on 11:37 - Aug 3 with 924 viewsLord_Lucan

You've never been to London?????????????????

If you haven't then that is your day trip, it's a no brainer. London is one of the best citys in the world.

This time exactly last year we took a Dutch friend (Mad Ankie) to London on the train for a day trip. Her requirements were to have an English break get pissed and see The London Eye, Houses of Parliament, 10 Downing St and all that baloney. We did it with ease, got hammered and still made it back to Ipswich on time for a mates BBQ.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Orwell cruise vs. Clacton on 11:52 - Aug 3 with 903 viewsitfcjoe

Orwell cruise vs. Clacton on 11:37 - Aug 3 by Lord_Lucan

You've never been to London?????????????????

If you haven't then that is your day trip, it's a no brainer. London is one of the best citys in the world.

This time exactly last year we took a Dutch friend (Mad Ankie) to London on the train for a day trip. Her requirements were to have an English break get pissed and see The London Eye, Houses of Parliament, 10 Downing St and all that baloney. We did it with ease, got hammered and still made it back to Ipswich on time for a mates BBQ.

Yep go to London, get on the TFL boat at somewhere like Greenwich and sit out the back of it and get off at the London Eye and have a ride of that - walk to HoP, down to Buckingham Palace via Trafalgar Square and then head to a boozer somewhere on the East and get a train back that evening

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Orwell cruise vs. Clacton on 12:10 - Aug 3 with 885 viewsLord_Lucan

Orwell cruise vs. Clacton on 11:52 - Aug 3 by itfcjoe

Yep go to London, get on the TFL boat at somewhere like Greenwich and sit out the back of it and get off at the London Eye and have a ride of that - walk to HoP, down to Buckingham Palace via Trafalgar Square and then head to a boozer somewhere on the East and get a train back that evening

Agree with this.

If you like a querky pub go to Commercial Tavern and it's only a 10 min walk back to Liverpool Street

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024