Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Politics is well weird ATM innit 11:32 - Nov 14 with 1195 viewschicoazul

"He blocks any serious measures that curb excessive corporate pay. He opposes policies to improve the way companies are run. And he is against any kind of worker representation in corporate decision-making.

He will not support significant protections for people working in the precarious “gig economy”, and he lacks the ambition to create a comprehensive national retraining programme as technology eliminates many existing jobs ...

Instead of being bold in seeking solutions to these challenges, I fear Philip Hammond’s instinct is to maintain existing policy, regardless of its quality.

This must not be mistaken for conservatism. Nor is it down to a careful analysis that concludes the status quo is best.

I worry it is because the chancellor lacks a burning desire to change people’s lives for the better, and the imagination to see possibilities beyond how the world works today."

That's a Conservative former advisor to a Conservatiove PM talking about a Conservative chancellor. Tell me again how the Tories aren't New Labour in disguise with a few tiny pockets of exceptions?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Politics is well weird ATM innit on 11:33 - Nov 14 with 1184 viewsStokieBlue

Well they aren't 1% as efficient as New Labour were for a start.

And May is about as charismatic as an aubergine.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Politics is well weird ATM innit on 11:56 - Nov 14 with 1122 viewsvapour_trail

Politics is well weird ATM innit on 11:33 - Nov 14 by StokieBlue

Well they aren't 1% as efficient as New Labour were for a start.

And May is about as charismatic as an aubergine.

SB

Harsh. The aubergine possesses a lot of character.

As to the op, I have no need to defend Hammond, but any blue on blue attacks currently being launched are of course done with the wider power struggle within the party in mind.

Governing against the national interest.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Politics is well weird ATM innit on 12:43 - Nov 14 with 1017 viewsSwansea_Blue

Politics is well weird ATM innit on 11:56 - Nov 14 by vapour_trail

Harsh. The aubergine possesses a lot of character.

As to the op, I have no need to defend Hammond, but any blue on blue attacks currently being launched are of course done with the wider power struggle within the party in mind.

Governing against the national interest.

Aubergines are far more useful too.

You only have to look at and listen to Hammond once to know that there lies a man with the barest minimum of imagination.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024