Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Defensive Coach 08:51 - Nov 27 with 2334 viewsDissblue

In view of our recent performances, is it time Mr Evans invested in a decent defensive coach?
The present system clearly isn't working.

Poll: if you were asked to vote in a second Brexit referendum, would you vote:

Defensive Coach on 10:36 - Nov 27 with 2304 viewsblueblood66

hahaha..the irony
"Invested"......? on 10:47 - Nov 27 with 2297 viewsBloots

....what does that mean?

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Defensive Coach on 13:37 - Nov 27 with 2239 viewsWickets

Apart from Goalkeeping coach Webster and i know we have a fitness coach, who are our first team coaches?
Defensive Coach on 13:52 - Nov 27 with 2230 viewstextbackup

When we defended well we needed an attacking coach (that didn't happen)

So with MM being a defender himself I think there's even less chance of that.

I mean the obvious thing would just be a new manager, fresh ideas, a shake up around the place

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

And better players. (n/t) on 13:53 - Nov 27 with 2222 viewsBloots

Defensive Coach on 13:52 - Nov 27 by textbackup

I mean the obvious thing would just be a new manager, fresh ideas, a shake up around the place

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

And better players. (n/t) on 14:59 - Nov 27 with 2202 viewstextbackup

And better players. (n/t) on 13:53 - Nov 27 by Bloots

I get it, you don't rate anyone in the squad and micks a hero for achieving 16th last year.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Defensive Coach on 18:17 - Nov 27 with 2164 viewsDissblue

Defensive Coach on 13:52 - Nov 27 by textbackup

Wait until May!

Poll: if you were asked to vote in a second Brexit referendum, would you vote:

Defensive Coach on 18:23 - Nov 27 with 2157 viewsjas0999

Investing in some decent defenders would be a good start. Only Webster who is any good.
Login to get fewer ads

Defensive Coach on 08:16 - Nov 28 with 2092 viewsimsureazzure

It is a hard task to coach anti clumsiness.
Defensive Coach on 08:24 - Nov 28 with 2088 viewsSuperfrans

It baffles me how difficult it is for people to get this.

Last autumn, we had a solid defence, once of the best in the division and our fans complained that we were too cautious and didn't go for matches more. They asked for McCarthy to be more attacking.

This autumn, we are scoring goals for fun because McCarthy is putting out a more attacking team, four strikers in most matches, plus defenders such as Spence and Iorfa who are more offensively minded, and Knudsen and Webster who have been encouraged to go forward more.

At this level of football, we don't have perfect players, we have cheaper players with flaws, who we seek to make the most out of. If we decide to field attacking line-ups, we will score more goals, but we will concede more too. Conversely, if we field a more defensive line-up, we will concede fewer and score fewer too.

We don't need a defensive coach. We need fans who understand that everything on a football pitch is inter-connected. Or we need to decide whether we want attacking intent or a defence-first approach.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Defensive Coach on 08:31 - Nov 28 with 2082 viewsNo9

Defensive Coach on 08:24 - Nov 28 by Superfrans

It baffles me how difficult it is for people to get this.

Last autumn, we had a solid defence, once of the best in the division and our fans complained that we were too cautious and didn't go for matches more. They asked for McCarthy to be more attacking.

This autumn, we are scoring goals for fun because McCarthy is putting out a more attacking team, four strikers in most matches, plus defenders such as Spence and Iorfa who are more offensively minded, and Knudsen and Webster who have been encouraged to go forward more.

At this level of football, we don't have perfect players, we have cheaper players with flaws, who we seek to make the most out of. If we decide to field attacking line-ups, we will score more goals, but we will concede more too. Conversely, if we field a more defensive line-up, we will concede fewer and score fewer too.

We don't need a defensive coach. We need fans who understand that everything on a football pitch is inter-connected. Or we need to decide whether we want attacking intent or a defence-first approach.

The problem continues to be a woooden midfield and substandard tactics
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024