Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I took a look at the league table just now 12:02 - Jan 3 with 1727 viewsbaxterbasics

Expecting to be further depressed by it.

Then I noticed Sunderland and Birmingham propping it all up and decided we aren't doing too bad after all. How the hell are those teams there?

#brightside

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

I took a look at the league table just now on 12:05 - Jan 3 with 1697 viewshoppy

By not winning enough games to get more points than the teams above them at this stage of the season.

Hope that helps.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

I took a look at the league table just now on 12:12 - Jan 3 with 1644 viewsbaxterbasics

I took a look at the league table just now on 12:05 - Jan 3 by hoppy

By not winning enough games to get more points than the teams above them at this stage of the season.

Hope that helps.

Ah see, this is why I post these big questions here, there's always someone on TWTD with the answer.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

I took a look at the league table just now on 12:23 - Jan 3 with 1600 viewshatch

Sunderland have been a ticking time bomb for a number of years now. They managed to just about survive in the Prem a couple of seasons in a row under Dick Advocaat and Sam Allardyce but always looked like a squad just waiting to be relegated. And now they're down the rot continues.

Chris Coleman has a huge job on his hands to not just change the personnel but the whole mentality of the club which has succumbed to loss and disappointment.

Birmingham - I feel for the fans really. Everyone knows they've had their comeuppance for a ludicrous decision to sack Rowett. Redknapp's clueless approach of just spending money has been exposed once again and they have a horrible little rottweiler in Cotterill. I'm pleased to see them down the bottom as I hope it teachers their owners and other owners a lesson but it's harsh on the fans. They've also been extremely unfortunate with injuries this season - but then again so have Burton and ourselves, to name just two.
I took a look at the league table just now on 12:54 - Jan 3 with 1471 viewsBent_double

It's almost as if the guaranteed route to L1 is via promotion to the PL.

Sunderland and Hull certainly have their work cut out to avoid relegation, unfortunately our friends up the road will probably do enough to stay in this division for another season.

As much as I hate what we seem to have become in footballing terms, I fully understand ME's reluctance to just throw money around like Derby/Wolves have. Sure they'll get promoted, but give it a season or two, they'll be back in the Champ, on their 3rd managers of the season and with unsustainable wage bills, heading towards L1.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

I took a look at the league table just now on 12:56 - Jan 3 with 1451 viewsSteve_M

I took a look at the league table just now on 12:54 - Jan 3 by Bent_double

It's almost as if the guaranteed route to L1 is via promotion to the PL.

Sunderland and Hull certainly have their work cut out to avoid relegation, unfortunately our friends up the road will probably do enough to stay in this division for another season.

As much as I hate what we seem to have become in footballing terms, I fully understand ME's reluctance to just throw money around like Derby/Wolves have. Sure they'll get promoted, but give it a season or two, they'll be back in the Champ, on their 3rd managers of the season and with unsustainable wage bills, heading towards L1.

Hull are struggling, not so much because of the first team but the ludicrous Allams who seem intent on actively alienating fans. The mood of Hull fans is grim.

Norwich will stay up, unlikely to make the play-offs without something spectacular. They are a bit like us bit with more money (and even that is running out).

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I took a look at the league table just now on 13:01 - Jan 3 with 1421 viewsArnieM

I took a look at the league table just now on 12:56 - Jan 3 by Steve_M

Hull are struggling, not so much because of the first team but the ludicrous Allams who seem intent on actively alienating fans. The mood of Hull fans is grim.

Norwich will stay up, unlikely to make the play-offs without something spectacular. They are a bit like us bit with more money (and even that is running out).

They are broke now arent they ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024