Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brenner yet again fails to land a shot 18:08 - Jan 6 with 2113 viewswarkthisway

What a poor journalist BW is - again a weak poorly constructed interview showing he is afraid to say what the fans want to hear- and not challenging the deluded fool when he said we played well- I know the display wasn't BWs fault but just adds to the frustration when a man on £2m a year can get away talking such rubbish.

bentnkuqi

Brenner yet again fails to land a shot on 18:16 - Jan 6 with 2030 viewsJimmy86

Never been impressed with Brenner to be honest, always goes berserk when the other team scores. I understand the need for him to be impartial as a commentator, but we want someone, who's at least pro Ipswich. BW is possibly quite scared of confrontation and doesn't want to rock the boat, with regards to his relationship with the club
Brenner yet again fails to land a shot on 18:19 - Jan 6 with 1999 viewsDublinBlue84

Brenner yet again fails to land a shot on 18:16 - Jan 6 by Jimmy86

Never been impressed with Brenner to be honest, always goes berserk when the other team scores. I understand the need for him to be impartial as a commentator, but we want someone, who's at least pro Ipswich. BW is possibly quite scared of confrontation and doesn't want to rock the boat, with regards to his relationship with the club

The fact the club allowed a player to be a co-commentator underlines that.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

on 18:20 - Jan 6 with 1982 views_

Brenner yet again fails to land a shot on 18:20 - Jan 6 with 1980 viewsjas0999

Not excusing him, but Radio Suffolk like many other media outlets are scared of criticising Evans, MM and the club in fear of being banned from PR. It’s happemed before sadly.
Brenner yet again fails to land a shot on 18:21 - Jan 6 with 1962 viewspointofblue

Sometimes it's up to the press to stand up and ask questions that the fans want answering. Stuart Watson and Phil give it a good go but they're not supported by BBC Radio Suffolk at all; the latter, as said, seem far more interested in keeping good relations with the club than asking what the heck is happening with us.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Brenner yet again fails to land a shot on 18:26 - Jan 6 with 1866 viewsDublinBlue84

Brenner yet again fails to land a shot on 18:21 - Jan 6 by pointofblue

Sometimes it's up to the press to stand up and ask questions that the fans want answering. Stuart Watson and Phil give it a good go but they're not supported by BBC Radio Suffolk at all; the latter, as said, seem far more interested in keeping good relations with the club than asking what the heck is happening with us.

I didn't bother listening to the match today because I knew that when a club player is a co-commentator then BW is going to tow the club line pretty much.

For me RS always seem to suck up to the club for a long time, they see club relations as far more important than anything else.

Brenner yet again fails to land a shot on 18:27 - Jan 6 with 1861 viewsjas0999

Brenner yet again fails to land a shot on 18:21 - Jan 6 by pointofblue

... last season Stuart Watson wrote a damning article if Evans and ITFC. A day later he wrote what was essentially a humbling apology.
Brenner yet again fails to land a shot on 18:27 - Jan 6 with 1851 viewsmarchy

What would it achieve if he did? We know full well Mick's attitude to people who don't enjoy his football, it's not going to change anything in how he sets the team out, it's just going to increase the frequency with which he traps off about dissatisfied fans and drive the wedge between them and management even further.

What Brenner did do fairly well was ask loaded questions about Tommy Smith's transfer, establishing that Mick apparently knows nothing about it, that he wants Tommy to stay, and that even though it's pretty clear Tommy isn't in the first XI he's expressed no wish to leave, with Mick's whole comment on the issue sounding pretty weary. Which will make any subsequent confirmation of Tommy's move an interesting insight on how things are being run at present.

By the way, who's on £2m?
[Post edited 6 Jan 2018 18:28]
Login to get fewer ads

Brenner yet again fails to land a shot on 18:28 - Jan 6 with 1841 viewsDublinBlue84

Brenner yet again fails to land a shot on 18:27 - Jan 6 by jas0999

... last season Stuart Watson wrote a damning article if Evans and ITFC. A day later he wrote what was essentially a humbling apology.

He can't win though

When he's negative he's bashed on twitter for not supporting the club.

When he's positive he's bashed for not asking the difficult questions.

I actually feel sorry for him seeing some of the dogs abuse he gets on twitter either way.

on 18:30 - Jan 6 with 1818 views_

Brenner yet again fails to land a shot on 18:28 - Jan 6 by DublinBlue84

He can't win though

When he's negative he's bashed on twitter for not supporting the club.

When he's positive he's bashed for not asking the difficult questions.

I actually feel sorry for him seeing some of the dogs abuse he gets on twitter either way.

Brenner yet again fails to land a shot on 18:30 - Jan 6 with 1818 viewscaught-in-limbo

Press self censorship shocker.

#ThankGodWe'veGotaFreePress

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Brenner yet again fails to land a shot on 18:32 - Jan 6 with 1788 viewsTractorCam

He's such a yes man, as commented in here if the club offloaded Spence to sit alongside him and commentate that must say something about his relationship with them

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

on 18:34 - Jan 6 with 1761 views_

Brenner yet again fails to land a shot on 18:32 - Jan 6 by TractorCam

He's such a yes man, as commented in here if the club offloaded Spence to sit alongside him and commentate that must say something about his relationship with them

Brenner yet again fails to land a shot on 19:47 - Jan 6 with 1571 viewsBinner

on 18:34 - Jan 6 by _

I listen to the after match stuff every week. I've never heard BW laugh hysterically.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

on 19:53 - Jan 6 with 1529 views_

Brenner yet again fails to land a shot on 19:47 - Jan 6 by Binner

I listen to the after match stuff every week. I've never heard BW laugh hysterically.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024