Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The player clearout - is it really that bad? 11:07 - Jan 7 with 813 viewstractorshark

The club is a shambles at the moment and I don’t see the sense in selling our better players and replacing with free agents and short-term loans.
But, playing devil’s advocate, is it really that bad?
McCarthy is clearly leaving so is it better to free up funds for a new manager?
McGoldrick, Smith, Moore...will any of those get us promoted in the future?
You’d have to say highly unlikely.
Is it time to clear the decks of the ‘proper blokes’ that so many criticise McCarthy for sticking with.
I like Skuse for instance, he’s under-rated, but will a new manager get more out of him? Unlikely, so is he another one living on borrowed time.
With the exception of Bart, I can’t think of one other Ipswich player who would get into the Wolves side or Derby or Villa for that matter.
Bristol City is a closer comparison for us but it wasn’t long ago they were bidding £8m for players.
The point I’m making is this squad might get us to within touching distance of the playoffs but it won’t get us promoted.
So a new manager will have to start again at some point.
But, like I say, I’m playing devil’s advocate.
Unfortunately freeing up funds for a new manager sounds sensible until you realise Marcus Evans is in charge.
The player clearout - is it really that bad? on 11:08 - Jan 7 with 797 viewsDyland

"Unfortunately freeing up funds for a new manager sounds sensible until you realise Marcus Evans is in charge."

Badabing

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

The player clearout - is it really that bad? on 11:09 - Jan 7 with 795 viewschicoazul

To be fair we need to let that all play out before we decide it's a bad thing letting these players go, if indeed any do go. Who knows we may have excellent replacements lined up for Smith, Bart, McG etc.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The player clearout - is it really that bad? on 11:20 - Jan 7 with 752 viewsairliner

The player clearout - is it really that bad? on 11:09 - Jan 7 by chicoazul

To be fair we need to let that all play out before we decide it's a bad thing letting these players go, if indeed any do go. Who knows we may have excellent replacements lined up for Smith, Bart, McG etc.

Mc goldrick has been rubbish for years time to move on along with Freddie sears
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024