Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Death throes of Capitalism part x 08:36 - Jan 22 with 4190 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15886303.Iain_Macwhirter__RIP_capitalism_____
https://www.theguardian.com/inequality/2018/jan/22/inequality-gap-widens-as-42-p
Don't it make you proud ?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Death throes of Capitalism part x on 08:52 - Jan 22 with 4161 viewsGlasgowBlue

Do you think Carillion should have been given state aid to give it an unfair adavantage over its competitors or should they have succeeded or failed on their own merits?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Death throes of Capitalism part x on 08:53 - Jan 22 with 4164 viewsnrb1985

2 billion people in the emerging markets taken out of poverty, yeah that does make me feel proud.
Death throes of Capitalism part x on 09:47 - Jan 22 with 4124 viewsGlasgowBlue

Death throes of Capitalism part x on 08:53 - Jan 22 by nrb1985

2 billion people in the emerging markets taken out of poverty, yeah that does make me feel proud.

Over to Banksy then........ "It's all gone quiet over there!"

Iron Lion Zion

Death throes of Capitalism part x on 10:12 - Jan 22 with 4105 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

I don’t know who Iain Mcwhirter is but he sounds like a complete c_nt
Death throes of Capitalism part x on 10:21 - Jan 22 with 4092 viewsNo9

+ the murders,torture & damage done in South America by the Chicago school ?
Does that make you proud?
Death throes of Capitalism part x on 10:25 - Jan 22 with 4088 viewsStokieBlue

"The founder of Amazon, Jeff Bezos, saw his wealth rise by $6bn (£4.3bn) in the first 10 days of 2017 as a result of a bull market on Wall Street, making him the world’s richest man."

How is this Bezos fault? He's not done anything over those 10 days, it's other people buying stock in his company and pushing the price up. Surely that's the fault of pension funds and such like?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Death throes of Capitalism part x on 10:26 - Jan 22 with 4087 viewsNo9

Death throes of Capitalism part x on 08:52 - Jan 22 by GlasgowBlue

Do you think Carillion should have been given state aid to give it an unfair adavantage over its competitors or should they have succeeded or failed on their own merits?

Given the difficulties Carilloin have been in for a number of years the real quaestoin is why were theye ven on the bid list for some of these contracts?
&, if the precautions the government claims were taken why have the partners not stepped up, used the Bank Guarantees, that the responsible parties should have ensured were in place, and continued the works?
Clearly more & more lies.

As with any other 'Client' Governemtn has a duty of care - in this case the taxpayer and it has obviously failed to exercise that duty of care.
Death throes of Capitalism part x on 11:42 - Jan 22 with 4040 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Death throes of Capitalism part x on 09:47 - Jan 22 by GlasgowBlue

Over to Banksy then........ "It's all gone quiet over there!"

Hospital appointments and manual work are not condusive to typing. We don't all have "dogs" to "bark" for us! I am in between the two now. You however despite your busy social life were able to selectively respond to people you could easily dismiss and/or agree with despite your schedule. Laterz, I have some calloused hands to tend to !

Login to get fewer ads

Death throes of Capitalism part x on 18:24 - Jan 22 with 3941 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I fail to see how placing people a few cents above the destitute line into the very poor bracket can be considered a success, especially when it comes at the price of having your nations resources stolen by multinationals and your environment destroyed.
As somebody not emotionally wedded to Capitalism (Stockholm syndrome) and no 'skin in the game' it amazes me that people can read links like the above and seek to defend the system leading to these gross inequalities.
I do not claim to have all of the answers nor seek to get people to adopt my world view, I do however know when something fails the sniff test and is plain wrong. So, no it does not, and will never, make me proud.
The Emperor has no clothes !

Death throes of Capitalism part x on 19:31 - Jan 22 with 3907 viewsGlasgowBlue

Death throes of Capitalism part x on 11:42 - Jan 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

Hospital appointments and manual work are not condusive to typing. We don't all have "dogs" to "bark" for us! I am in between the two now. You however despite your busy social life were able to selectively respond to people you could easily dismiss and/or agree with despite your schedule. Laterz, I have some calloused hands to tend to !

I didn't selectively answer anyone. I have BTR on ignore and you only copied and pasted his comments, which weren't directed to me anyway, some ninety minutes after I had posted.

My comment to you about going quiet was obviously tongue in cheek and was a word for word copy of your post from that evening. I'd have thought you'd have appreciated the humour. Although you anarchists are not known for being a particularly joyous bunch. Or are you the unacceptable face of capitalism now, in view of recent developments?

Iron Lion Zion

Death throes of Capitalism part x on 19:33 - Jan 22 with 3906 viewsGlasgowBlue

Death throes of Capitalism part x on 18:24 - Jan 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

I fail to see how placing people a few cents above the destitute line into the very poor bracket can be considered a success, especially when it comes at the price of having your nations resources stolen by multinationals and your environment destroyed.
As somebody not emotionally wedded to Capitalism (Stockholm syndrome) and no 'skin in the game' it amazes me that people can read links like the above and seek to defend the system leading to these gross inequalities.
I do not claim to have all of the answers nor seek to get people to adopt my world view, I do however know when something fails the sniff test and is plain wrong. So, no it does not, and will never, make me proud.

"As somebody not emotionally wedded to Capitalism"

Unless it benefits you personally

Iron Lion Zion

Death throes of Capitalism part x on 19:36 - Jan 22 with 3903 viewsStokieBlue

Death throes of Capitalism part x on 18:24 - Jan 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

Can you propose a better one which has been proven more successful for the masses?

The gap between rich and poor is huge but everyone is acting like this is something new. In the 19th century the gap was even larger with personal fortunes well above 500bn in today's money and the lower end in total abject poverty. Not saying either is right, just saying it's not a new thing like the articles seem to want people to believe.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Death throes of Capitalism part x on 20:19 - Jan 22 with 3884 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Death throes of Capitalism part x on 19:33 - Jan 22 by GlasgowBlue

"As somebody not emotionally wedded to Capitalism"

Unless it benefits you personally

If you are on about that 40p/hour top up to my wages then that probably ends up going to various charities over the course of a year. Actually make that 20p as the other half is Mrs Slave's. (Market rate would require an extra £6/8)
Now, care to publish your tax returns ?
Funny how 'your sort' always eventually resort to trying to pick holes in 'people like me' for our failing to live 'perfectly' in an imperfect world. At least some of us try to be true to ourselves rather than pretending it's ok to be a bit sociopathic because it's the "real world" and "what can you do?" !

Death throes of Capitalism part x on 20:30 - Jan 22 with 3874 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Death throes of Capitalism part x on 19:36 - Jan 22 by StokieBlue

Can you propose a better one which has been proven more successful for the masses?

The gap between rich and poor is huge but everyone is acting like this is something new. In the 19th century the gap was even larger with personal fortunes well above 500bn in today's money and the lower end in total abject poverty. Not saying either is right, just saying it's not a new thing like the articles seem to want people to believe.

SB

History teaches us that those in power cling to it and there has been no golden age that I am aware of. Maybe there is just a fundamental problem with the direction of travel that our "betters" have been allowed to take us in. Maybe the new paradigm should be to live in balance rather than pretending that economies can grow forever on a finite planet.
Stopping and then reversing the juggernaut presents innumerable difficulties to say the least and we are probably fooked. This awareness is probably why I have had low moments in my life but for the life of me I can not pretend it is otherwise. Life has become a matter of trying, as best as possible, not to add to the carnage.

Death throes of Capitalism part x on 20:32 - Jan 22 with 3871 viewsNo9

Death throes of Capitalism part x on 19:36 - Jan 22 by StokieBlue

SB

The 60's & 70's were pretty good for the masses (the 50's in Europe also).
Since the '86 big bang things haven't been so good in the UK or USA the latter seeing Trump take advantage of the post Reagan era slide in American fortunes.
Post 80's capitalism has not been kind to the masses on the African continent which is why they all want to get to Europe.

Paul Mason has some interesting views on the demise of capitalism yopu may find interesting.
Some of the points made are valid
Death throes of Capitalism part x on 20:41 - Jan 22 with 3859 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Death throes of Capitalism part x on 19:31 - Jan 22 by GlasgowBlue

I didn't selectively answer anyone. I have BTR on ignore and you only copied and pasted his comments, which weren't directed to me anyway, some ninety minutes after I had posted.

My comment to you about going quiet was obviously tongue in cheek and was a word for word copy of your post from that evening. I'd have thought you'd have appreciated the humour. Although you anarchists are not known for being a particularly joyous bunch. Or are you the unacceptable face of capitalism now, in view of recent developments?

Don't worry your 'humour' wasn't lost on me and I think it was only me you ignored at the time. Later in the thread it dawned on me that your naughty step policy was playing a large part in your silence which I acknowledged but in your twtd world of blank boxes it is hard to know what you can and can't see !

Edit....I do however expect to see your tax returns and full wage structure made public.....for a fair fight !
[Post edited 22 Jan 2018 21:14]

Death throes of Capitalism part x on 20:58 - Jan 22 with 3835 viewsGlasgowBlue

Death throes of Capitalism part x on 20:41 - Jan 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

Don't worry your 'humour' wasn't lost on me and I think it was only me you ignored at the time. Later in the thread it dawned on me that your naughty step policy was playing a large part in your silence which I acknowledged but in your twtd world of blank boxes it is hard to know what you can and can't see !

Edit....I do however expect to see your tax returns and full wage structure made public.....for a fair fight !
[Post edited 22 Jan 2018 21:14]

Where have you made your tax returns public? FYI I’m not pontificating about how evil the capitalist system works so reserve the right to keep my financial affairs private.

Iron Lion Zion

Death throes of Capitalism part x on 21:01 - Jan 22 with 3832 viewsNo9

Death throes of Capitalism part x on 20:58 - Jan 22 by GlasgowBlue

Where have you made your tax returns public? FYI I’m not pontificating about how evil the capitalist system works so reserve the right to keep my financial affairs private.

Unless we look at what you pay yourself - on Co House website?
Death throes of Capitalism part x on 21:12 - Jan 22 with 3821 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Death throes of Capitalism part x on 20:58 - Jan 22 by GlasgowBlue

I don't earn enough to pay any and have been assuming your comments in this thread about me benefitting from capitalism is a reference to my disclosure of receiving tax credits which you seemed to delight in on a previous thread. Am I wrong ?Or does this simply fall under the benefit scrounger category ?

Edit "Don't it make you proud" ........... equals "pontificating".....To coin a phrase ..."Arf!"
Edit2....and you think I can't spot a joke !
[Post edited 22 Jan 2018 21:16]

Death throes of Capitalism part x on 21:19 - Jan 22 with 3804 viewsGlasgowBlue

Death throes of Capitalism part x on 21:12 - Jan 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

I don't earn enough to pay any and have been assuming your comments in this thread about me benefitting from capitalism is a reference to my disclosure of receiving tax credits which you seemed to delight in on a previous thread. Am I wrong ?Or does this simply fall under the benefit scrounger category ?

Edit "Don't it make you proud" ........... equals "pontificating".....To coin a phrase ..."Arf!"
Edit2....and you think I can't spot a joke !
[Post edited 22 Jan 2018 21:16]

This isn’t your first thread about the evils of capitalism. You potificate about it in the same way you may say I pontificate about the danger if Corbynism.

What do you suggest we replace it with and would the huge strides made in refusing global poverty be reversed if we “smashed the system”?

Don’t bring me problems. Bring me solutions.

Edit. Stop bloody editing your replies after I've replied :-)

Re Tax credits. I don't begrudge anyone a single penny of benefits or help they are entitled to. It was the fact that you said you charge well below the market rate and do so because you are subsidised by the tax payer. I applaud you mate. It's a smart tactic. Undercut your competitors and put them out of business. That leaves you with a monopoly and you can then charge double your rate as you are then the only game in town*. I'm proud of ya Banksy. Cool, calm and ruthless.

*For the benefit of doubt this is a joke. I know you are not really doing this. :-)
[Post edited 22 Jan 2018 21:51]

Iron Lion Zion

Death throes of Capitalism part x on 21:40 - Jan 22 with 3789 viewsBloomBlue

Capitalism will never die especially with the younger generation. The life of the young is driven by capitalism, companies like Amazon, Google and Apple drive everything, can you imagine the outcry of the young if those companies didn't exist.
While nationalised industries had their day in the 60/70's they all cost the tax payer millions and produce cr$p, British Leyland was the perfect example
Death throes of Capitalism part x on 22:03 - Jan 22 with 3765 viewsNo9

Death throes of Capitalism part x on 21:40 - Jan 22 by BloomBlue

Capitalism will never die especially with the younger generation. The life of the young is driven by capitalism, companies like Amazon, Google and Apple drive everything, can you imagine the outcry of the young if those companies didn't exist.
While nationalised industries had their day in the 60/70's they all cost the tax payer millions and produce cr$p, British Leyland was the perfect example

But will the younger generation be prepared to live in perpetual debt?
Death throes of Capitalism part x on 22:06 - Jan 22 with 3756 viewsGlasgowBlue

Death throes of Capitalism part x on 22:03 - Jan 22 by No9

We all will if Corbyn ever gets in.

Iron Lion Zion

Death throes of Capitalism part x on 06:55 - Jan 23 with 3681 viewsBloomBlue

Death throes of Capitalism part x on 22:03 - Jan 22 by No9

Unfortuately if they think nationalism will remove the debt they're in for a horrible shock.
Death throes of Capitalism part x on 07:56 - Jan 23 with 3650 viewsNo9

Death throes of Capitalism part x on 06:55 - Jan 23 by BloomBlue

Unfortuately if they think nationalism will remove the debt they're in for a horrible shock.

We have mass nationalisation in the UK at the moment.
But it is all from non UK governments.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024