Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Read EADT hard copy this morning... my word it is... 22:34 - Feb 12 with 2038 viewsunstableblue

... far more like a fanzine than TWTD.

When did that happen?!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Read EADT hard copy this morning... my word it is... on 04:46 - Feb 13 with 1905 viewsBenters2

What does that mean?
Read EADT hard copy this morning... my word it is... on 08:05 - Feb 13 with 1784 viewsTMWWNGAS

A lot of the reporting in the EADT / Star now is pretty much taken off here I'm sure.. particularly by one reporter specifically.
In todays world though journalism isn't what it used to be (IMO) reporters no longer report on events, more report on what they have found through other news sites.
Read EADT hard copy this morning... my word it is... on 08:32 - Feb 13 with 1734 viewsunstableblue

Read EADT hard copy this morning... my word it is... on 04:46 - Feb 13 by Benters2

What does that mean?

Fanzines tend to be about opinion and passion, and traditionally local and national papers about reporting of games and events.

EADT yesterday’s match report was damning of Mick and the lack of passion and lack of a technical
plan on the pitch and then long commentary on Marcus failings.

It’s not being negative about TWTD, it’s just an observation about how unfanzine like our content is. I guess that’s left to the forum, match reports, blogs and turnstile blues.

Read EADT hard copy this morning... my word it is... on 08:51 - Feb 13 with 1706 viewsDarth_Koont

Read EADT hard copy this morning... my word it is... on 08:32 - Feb 13 by unstableblue

Fanzines tend to be about opinion and passion, and traditionally local and national papers about reporting of games and events.

EADT yesterday’s match report was damning of Mick and the lack of passion and lack of a technical
plan on the pitch and then long commentary on Marcus failings.

It’s not being negative about TWTD, it’s just an observation about how unfanzine like our content is. I guess that’s left to the forum, match reports, blogs and turnstile blues.

If you haven't watched the game, I think Phil's match reports are the best source of information. There'll be adjectives (like "drab" to describe Saturday's game) and always a brief summary of his opinion but there'll also be lots of detail unlike most of the other national and local press. Plus there won't be the agenda-beating of some of the local press.

As you say, there's ample opportunity in blogs, the forum and the comments section for people to get their more subjective opinions across. That drives the audience on here which also means TWTD match reports don't need any clickbait (headline or content) and can be much more objective.

Pronouns: He/Him

Read EADT hard copy this morning... my word it is... on 09:03 - Feb 13 with 1679 viewsunstableblue

Read EADT hard copy this morning... my word it is... on 08:51 - Feb 13 by Darth_Koont

If you haven't watched the game, I think Phil's match reports are the best source of information. There'll be adjectives (like "drab" to describe Saturday's game) and always a brief summary of his opinion but there'll also be lots of detail unlike most of the other national and local press. Plus there won't be the agenda-beating of some of the local press.

As you say, there's ample opportunity in blogs, the forum and the comments section for people to get their more subjective opinions across. That drives the audience on here which also means TWTD match reports don't need any clickbait (headline or content) and can be much more objective.

Totally agree. Again I’m not being negative about Phil or the match report or content.

I’m not going to as many games because the football is 60%-70% of the time so dreadful. So Phil’s report give that great level of detail that my town obsessiveness requires.

It was perhaps more a comment on how the EADT has changed. And to see it all spread over the back pages brought it into view.

Having said that, and I’m commented on this before, hats off to Stuart Watson for doing it, he’s saying what the majority of fans are thinking, and he’s right to shout about the low crowds.

Even you Darth must agree it’s time for Mick to go?

Read EADT hard copy this morning... my word it is... on 09:13 - Feb 13 with 1647 viewsDarth_Koont

Read EADT hard copy this morning... my word it is... on 09:03 - Feb 13 by unstableblue

Totally agree. Again I’m not being negative about Phil or the match report or content.

I’m not going to as many games because the football is 60%-70% of the time so dreadful. So Phil’s report give that great level of detail that my town obsessiveness requires.

It was perhaps more a comment on how the EADT has changed. And to see it all spread over the back pages brought it into view.

Having said that, and I’m commented on this before, hats off to Stuart Watson for doing it, he’s saying what the majority of fans are thinking, and he’s right to shout about the low crowds.

Even you Darth must agree it’s time for Mick to go?

I think we may have reached a point of no return whether that's because the management needs freshening up or we need a more or less cosmetic change to try and get a positive atmosphere.

But if they get the same resources whoever comes in will need to do well to match what Mick's achieved (table positions, transition to a younger team, coping with injuries). I agree the pure football entertainment is lacking but as we've seen with Jewell and to an extent Jim, an ambition to play football doesn't translate into great football if the team loses its direction and competitive edge.

It's going to be a tough ask for any manager coming in, and they'll undoubtedly need some luck as patience is in short supply.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024