Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ian Milne on the Naked Football Show 15:10 - Apr 12 with 1742 viewsCamberwellBlue2

15 minutes into the podcast and Milne has said:

‘Don’t mend what’s broken’

TWICE.

Every answer is muddled and/or dull. I suspect our club is being run by morons. It’ll be interesting how bright Evans comes across as in his on-camera interview. If he’s happy to use someone as dim and inarticulate as Milne as his spokesperson we may be in for an unpleasant shock.
Ian Milne on the Naked Football Show on 15:24 - Apr 12 with 1677 viewsCamberwellBlue2

And having talked about the club’s support for women’s shelters he laughs along at a domestic abuse joke on 38 minutes.

I’m telling you, the guy is genuinely dumb.
Ian Milne on the Naked Football Show on 15:31 - Apr 12 with 1651 viewsIllinoisblue

Ian Milne on the Naked Football Show on 15:24 - Apr 12 by CamberwellBlue2

And having talked about the club’s support for women’s shelters he laughs along at a domestic abuse joke on 38 minutes.

I'll only be offended by that if the joke was poor quality. if it's a cracker it's okay. So, what was the joke?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Ian Milne on the Naked Football Show on 15:34 - Apr 12 with 1635 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I don't really see why ME cant appoint an MD who has experience in football club administration, rather than have some guy just muddle along.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Ian Milne on the Naked Football Show on 15:37 - Apr 12 with 1620 viewsSuperfrans

He is deeply deeply unimpressive. You'd hope that this is because he has no power rather than because nobody from ME Group are impressive.

I'm hoping (and assuming, tbh) that Evans himself comes across as a proper heavyweight person.

I do think it's telling that McCarthy often talked about how good an owner and how smart Evans is (Keane did similarly), but never seemed to ever refer to Milne.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Ian Milne on the Naked Football Show on 15:40 - Apr 12 with 1601 viewsCamberwellBlue2

Ian Milne on the Naked Football Show on 15:31 - Apr 12 by Illinoisblue

I'll only be offended by that if the joke was poor quality. if it's a cracker it's okay. So, what was the joke?

To be fair to Milne, I just listened back to double-check his response and after an immediate chuckle he does then make an almost inaudible comment about domestic abuse to distance himself from the joke.

Doesn’t excuse him saying ‘Don’t mend what’s broken’ twice though.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2018 15:42]
Ian Milne on the Naked Football Show on 15:41 - Apr 12 with 1604 viewsJohnny_Boy

Ian Milne on the Naked Football Show on 15:31 - Apr 12 by Illinoisblue

If my memory serves me right, the Host chuckled when Milne mentioned ITFC did lots of work for a domestic violence charity.

At the time I thought it was a bit odd.
Ian Milne on the Naked Football Show on 15:41 - Apr 12 with 1597 viewsIllinoisblue

Ian Milne on the Naked Football Show on 15:34 - Apr 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

I don't really see why ME cant appoint an MD who has experience in football club administration, rather than have some guy just muddle along.

because that would cost money. Far easier to for Evans to say "Hey Milney, fancy doing some football stuff a couple days a week?"

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Ian Milne on the Naked Football Show on 15:47 - Apr 12 with 1558 viewsCamberwellBlue2

Ian Milne on the Naked Football Show on 15:41 - Apr 12 by Johnny_Boy

If my memory serves me right, the Host chuckled when Milne mentioned ITFC did lots of work for a domestic violence charity.

At the time I thought it was a bit odd.

No, it wasn’t that moment I was referring to. Don’t want to be stirring trouble up for Graham Blackburn by quoting the moment here. It’s his show, he’s an ‘old-fashioned’ type of fella and he can say what he wants, but Milne is a representative of the club.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2018 15:47]
Login to get fewer ads

Ian Milne on the Naked Football Show on 16:14 - Apr 12 with 1491 viewsJohnny_Boy

Ian Milne on the Naked Football Show on 15:47 - Apr 12 by CamberwellBlue2

No, it wasn’t that moment I was referring to. Don’t want to be stirring trouble up for Graham Blackburn by quoting the moment here. It’s his show, he’s an ‘old-fashioned’ type of fella and he can say what he wants, but Milne is a representative of the club.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2018 15:47]

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't offended. That's just how I seemed to remember it going.
Graham chuckled. Sounded like Milne was thrown by the giggle, then awkwardly he chuckled too.

If you are annoyed or irked at people not taking domestic abuse seriously, it can't be acceptable for one person & not to the other. Regardless of either persons profession.
Ian Milne on the Naked Football Show on 16:19 - Apr 12 with 1474 viewsmrshallisfit

The point when I knew Milne was a no-hoper was when he said Mick had got an adequate replacement for Darryl Murphy - Leon Best. This is what you get when you have an owner who knows little or nothing about football and who is absentee for much of the time.
Ian Milne on the Naked Football Show on 16:27 - Apr 12 with 1447 viewsCamberwellBlue2

Ian Milne on the Naked Football Show on 16:14 - Apr 12 by Johnny_Boy

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't offended. That's just how I seemed to remember it going.
Graham chuckled. Sounded like Milne was thrown by the giggle, then awkwardly he chuckled too.

If you are annoyed or irked at people not taking domestic abuse seriously, it can't be acceptable for one person & not to the other. Regardless of either persons profession.

Regarding your last point; sure. But the intention of this thread was to provide further worrying evidence that our MD is seemingly pretty thick, not to debate the merits of a joke - whatever my thoughts on it.

Anyhow, does Evans surround himself with similar bozos and, if so, what chance a new manager turning the club around in that context? Poor decision-making seems to permeate the club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024