Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I need logs 20:49 - May 11 with 2958 viewswkj

Serious post this, Anyone know of anyone that sells 1/4 split logs/chunks , preferably Oak and Cherry. Ideally looking for someone the other side of Woodbridge, and I don't want to have to pay £20 for a 25 litre box

from amazon and would much rather support someone local. Whilst asking google works in most situations, a lot of people selling wood at roadside don't tend to be listing on the internet.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I need logs on 21:00 - May 11 with 2919 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Not vouching for them as I get my own but..
https://www.kindlewood.biz/firewood
...right area for you and possibly free delivery.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

I need logs on 21:10 - May 11 with 2898 viewsLord_Lucan

If you are ever out that way I'm pretty sure I see a sign somewhere near Foxhall Stadium.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I need logs on 21:12 - May 11 with 2885 viewswkj

I need logs on 21:10 - May 11 by Lord_Lucan

If you are ever out that way I'm pretty sure I see a sign somewhere near Foxhall Stadium.

Nice one ta

I need logs on 21:12 - May 11 with 2881 viewswkj

I need logs on 21:00 - May 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

Lovely job, sent em an email on the old wired wifi

I need logs on 21:14 - May 11 with 2871 viewsLord_Lucan

I need logs on 21:12 - May 11 by wkj

Nice one ta

That isn't definite info - I'm usually either half asleep, on my phone or a bit p1ssed when I'm driving.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

I need logs on 21:18 - May 11 with 2847 viewsMedwayTractor

Contact your local tree surgeons. Some have regular links to log sellers, some might do this themselves, some might let you have logs free of charge. I got lots of logs this way, from a tree surgeon taking down some trees next door to a mate's house. I have all the gear, chain saw etc, to do it myself, once I have the logs. If you don't fancy getting to grips with a chain saw (it's a dangerous bit of kit), Black & Decker make something called the Alligator, will deal with logs up to 6 inches thick, without the risks.

Blog: Who's Next Between the Sticks (Or Be Careful What You Wish For)?

I need logs on 21:19 - May 11 with 2849 viewsJ2BLUE

I need logs on 21:14 - May 11 by Lord_Lucan

That isn't definite info - I'm usually either half asleep, on my phone or a bit p1ssed when I'm driving.

There was. Just been on google maps (because me and wkj are best friends) because I know exactly where you mean and the sign now appears to be about buying woodland.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I need logs on 21:20 - May 11 with 2843 viewswkj

I need logs on 21:19 - May 11 by J2BLUE

There was. Just been on google maps (because me and wkj are best friends) because I know exactly where you mean and the sign now appears to be about buying woodland.

I think you are a wonderful person and appreciate you very much, always have, and always will.

Login to get fewer ads

I need logs on 21:20 - May 11 with 2842 viewsbuoyant

Could try Danny Foster at Melton Gardening Services. I've not his number and if you meet him you'll understand why. However by all accounts he's reasonable when it comes to chopping.

Why not do your own? It's a very satisfying job.

UTT

I need logs on 21:24 - May 11 with 2822 viewswkj

I need logs on 21:18 - May 11 by MedwayTractor

Contact your local tree surgeons. Some have regular links to log sellers, some might do this themselves, some might let you have logs free of charge. I got lots of logs this way, from a tree surgeon taking down some trees next door to a mate's house. I have all the gear, chain saw etc, to do it myself, once I have the logs. If you don't fancy getting to grips with a chain saw (it's a dangerous bit of kit), Black & Decker make something called the Alligator, will deal with logs up to 6 inches thick, without the risks.

Nice one thanks, I know a number of people around here do arbour work and what have you as I always see Claas Xerion's bombing about with tree grabbers. I do miss my chainsaw but sadly someone nicked it while I was away.

I need logs on 21:26 - May 11 with 2809 viewswkj

I need logs on 21:20 - May 11 by buoyant

Could try Danny Foster at Melton Gardening Services. I've not his number and if you meet him you'll understand why. However by all accounts he's reasonable when it comes to chopping.

Why not do your own? It's a very satisfying job.

Its more an issue of having access to the wood to take it down, more than a lack of willingness to do it, I am in my element when doing outside work, sadly I am restricted at where I can go to fell trees.

I need logs on 21:29 - May 11 with 2795 viewsLord_Lucan

I need logs on 21:18 - May 11 by MedwayTractor

I am not clued up on these things but surely new logs wouldn't be seasoned and would just smoke the place out.

I need logs on 21:35 - May 11 with 2783 viewswkj

I need logs on 21:29 - May 11 by Lord_Lucan

I am not clued up on these things but surely new logs wouldn't be seasoned and would just smoke the place out.

im going to be using them to smoke food with, so im not so worried about the sort of things you need to burn em at'ume. That said I need to get the right smoke for the smoker because too thick and you get bitter food, needs to be a bluish almost transparent smoke.

I need logs on 21:36 - May 11 with 2782 viewsMedwayTractor

I need logs on 21:29 - May 11 by Lord_Lucan

Quite right. I keep mine for at least a year, although some wood will burn green.

The Firewood Poem

Beechwood fires are bright and clear
If the logs are kept a year,
Chestnut's only good they say,
If for logs 'tis laid away.
Make a fire of Elder tree,
Death within your house will be;
But ash new or ash old,
Is fit for a queen with crown of gold"

"Birch and fir logs burn too fast
Blaze up bright and do not last,
it is by the Irish said
Hawthorn bakes the sweetest bread.
Elm wood burns like churchyard mould,
E'en the very flames are cold
But ash green or ash brown
Is fit for a queen with golden crown.

Poplar gives a bitter smoke,
Fills your eyes and makes you choke,
Apple wood will scent your room
Pear wood smells like flowers in bloom
Oaken logs, if dry and old
keep away the winter's cold
But ash wet or ash dry
a king shall warm his slippers by.

I've had good results with cedar (the only conifer which doesn't spit) and horse chestnut, but never use sweet chestnut.

Blog: Who's Next Between the Sticks (Or Be Careful What You Wish For)?

I need logs on 21:48 - May 11 with 2749 viewsLord_Lucan

I need logs on 21:35 - May 11 by wkj

im going to be using them to smoke food with, so im not so worried about the sort of things you need to burn em at'ume. That said I need to get the right smoke for the smoker because too thick and you get bitter food, needs to be a bluish almost transparent smoke.

Oh, well let me know how you get on as us £59.99 Aldi smoker cheapstakes need to stick together
[Post edited 11 May 2018 21:49]

I need logs on 22:03 - May 11 with 2714 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I need logs on 21:36 - May 11 by MedwayTractor

Quite right. I keep mine for at least a year, although some wood will burn green.

The Firewood Poem

Beechwood fires are bright and clear
If the logs are kept a year,
Chestnut's only good they say,
If for logs 'tis laid away.
Make a fire of Elder tree,
Death within your house will be;
But ash new or ash old,
Is fit for a queen with crown of gold"

"Birch and fir logs burn too fast
Blaze up bright and do not last,
it is by the Irish said
Hawthorn bakes the sweetest bread.
Elm wood burns like churchyard mould,
E'en the very flames are cold
But ash green or ash brown
Is fit for a queen with golden crown.

Poplar gives a bitter smoke,
Fills your eyes and makes you choke,
Apple wood will scent your room
Pear wood smells like flowers in bloom
Oaken logs, if dry and old
keep away the winter's cold
But ash wet or ash dry
a king shall warm his slippers by.

I've had good results with cedar (the only conifer which doesn't spit) and horse chestnut, but never use sweet chestnut.

The bit about elm isn't true though imho.

I need logs on 09:37 - May 12 with 2505 viewsNo9

Where are you-
There are plenty of suppliers in N. Suffolk / S. Norfolk (online) but this isn't a good time of the year as the felling will have taken place but the new stock not yet seasoned.
I need logs on 10:36 - May 12 with 2475 viewswkj

I need logs on 21:00 - May 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

Nice one mate, im getting just under 50l worth of wood for just over half the price of the amazon wood. Nice folks too, if anyone uses wood for fuel i'd give these guys a buzz

I need logs on 12:26 - May 12 with 2434 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I need logs on 21:26 - May 11 by wkj

Its more an issue of having access to the wood to take it down, more than a lack of willingness to do it, I am in my element when doing outside work, sadly I am restricted at where I can go to fell trees.

Loosely related to this and the bowling thread....have you considered volunteering with Suffolk Wildlife Trust (often clear trees from the sandlings, sometimes wood available) ? There are worse ways to spend a few hours. I used to do some based at Foxburrow Farm.

I need logs on 12:29 - May 12 with 2428 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I need logs on 10:36 - May 12 by wkj

Nice one mate, im getting just under 50l worth of wood for just over half the price of the amazon wood. Nice folks too, if anyone uses wood for fuel i'd give these guys a buzz

Glad it worked out.....only knew of them as I work not far from where they are based.

I need logs on 13:11 - May 12 with 2397 viewswkj

I need logs on 12:26 - May 12 by BanksterDebtSlave

Loosely related to this and the bowling thread....have you considered volunteering with Suffolk Wildlife Trust (often clear trees from the sandlings, sometimes wood available) ? There are worse ways to spend a few hours. I used to do some based at Foxburrow Farm.

I am currently doing litter picking in and around dennington but think what you describe is probably a good shout, I love being outside really rain, snow or shine and think that might be a good shout

I need logs on 13:14 - May 12 with 2392 viewsLord_Lucan

I need logs on 13:11 - May 12 by wkj

I am currently doing litter picking in and around dennington but think what you describe is probably a good shout, I love being outside really rain, snow or shine and think that might be a good shout

My conifers need cutting - if that's any help.

I need logs on 13:17 - May 12 with 2389 viewswkj

I need logs on 13:14 - May 12 by Lord_Lucan

My conifers need cutting - if that's any help.

Im trying to stick away from bushes at the moment, don't really want to stumble across a badly injured pigeon drowning in a stale jam doughnut

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024