Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some of our fans!! My word. 09:46 - Aug 22 with 1649 viewsGerkensBeard

Calling for 2 upfront or going as far as saying we are awful and hurst has to go 😂.

Firstly do these idiots not realise that by going 2 upfront you lose one out of midfield. I think we can all agree we like the midfield of Nolan, Skuse and Chalobah. Some nice midfield combinations last night between them. Also cries of saying 1 up front never works in this league. Sorry please remind me apart from Millwall being the obvious who plays 2 upfront? 😂

I’ll agree that we’re not supporting Harrison enough up the pitch. Nolan was closer to him last night but the ball wouldn’t drop. The wingers also were to wide to support him. You want one of them gambling off his flick ons. I think Harrison did okay. For me it was the final ball last night. A few times we got into good crossing positions. And the ball in was poor when we did get men in there. My ratings last night are

Bart - 6. Not in his past seasons form yet.

Donacien 7. Didn’t give Lawrence a sniff. Looks a good defender but want to see him fly past Edwards more on the overlap.

Nsiala 8. My man of the match. Great asset and absolute rock.

Chambers 6. Don’t like our captain at left centre back. No left foot what so ever and hates receiving the ball on it.

Knudsen 6. His final ball was poor. Passing was that way too. Does get into good positions but wastes it.

Chalobah 6. Looked leggy. Not as imposing as his normal self.

Skuse 7. Missed him when he went off

Nolan 7. Touch of class. Really like him. His final ball will improve.

Harrison 6. Done okay as I said. Battled hard but looked leggy from Saturday to burst into the box when we did get in good positions.

Anyway I’ll end on can fans get out of their parallel universe where 2 weeks is 2 years and get behind the team and mr hurst. The fans that don’t just simply have little knowledge of football and question a manager who has implemented a completely different style and has had 2 WEEKS of the season so far. I’m positive it will all click. There’s no doubt Hurst sees how isolated Harrison is at times but wasn’t as critical last night because I think he just saw how knackered his players were. For me the one thing I wanted was to be proud watching our team playing football again. And we are. It’s great to see some technically gifted players in the blue shirt again rather than “proper blokes”. I am proud to watch this team again and if we scored 2 deflected 25 yarders last night and saw it out we’d all be saying what a great performance. And if we win our next 2 those fans will be saying we’re getting top 6.

Anyway rant over. On to Saturday
Some of our fans!! My word. on 09:48 - Aug 22 with 1638 viewsGerkensBeard

Forgot Gwion. 6. Another who looked leggy when it came to going to beat his man. Still worked hard as ever though
Some of our fans!! My word. on 09:51 - Aug 22 with 1624 viewsBadgerBajner

Great post. Not sure common sense is going to catch on with many though.
Some of our fans!! My word. on 09:53 - Aug 22 with 1614 viewsGerkensBeard

Some of our fans!! My word. on 09:48 - Aug 22 by GerkensBeard

Forgot Gwion. 6. Another who looked leggy when it came to going to beat his man. Still worked hard as ever though

Forgot Ward as well 😂 6. Didn’t take his chance to impress. Edun back on Saturday with his good delivery just hope Harrison gets on the end of one
Some of our fans!! My word. on 09:59 - Aug 22 with 1595 viewsartsbossbeard

It's a result driven business and after 5x league games we hold just the 2 points. Saturday is winnable in what's likely to be quite a drab affair followed by Norwich at home, which I'd love to get 3 points.

4 points out of the next two would get most, if not all, back onside but there's the small matter of scoring goals to win games.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Some of our fans!! My word. on 10:11 - Aug 22 with 1549 viewsGarv

Some of our fans!! My word. on 09:59 - Aug 22 by artsbossbeard

It's a result driven business and after 5x league games we hold just the 2 points. Saturday is winnable in what's likely to be quite a drab affair followed by Norwich at home, which I'd love to get 3 points.

4 points out of the next two would get most, if not all, back onside but there's the small matter of scoring goals to win games.

4x

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Some of our fans!! My word. on 10:36 - Aug 22 with 1501 viewsGerkensBeard

Some of our fans!! My word. on 09:59 - Aug 22 by artsbossbeard

So if you’re a results man then surely you wanted Mick to stay as he got 12th with an injury hit squad that cost nothing. It was his football and arrogance which I couldn’t stand. Certainly couldn’t complain about his results last season
Some of our fans!! My word. on 10:42 - Aug 22 with 1479 viewsartsbossbeard

Some of our fans!! My word. on 10:36 - Aug 22 by GerkensBeard

So if you’re a results man then surely you wanted Mick to stay as he got 12th with an injury hit squad that cost nothing. It was his football and arrogance which I couldn’t stand. Certainly couldn’t complain about his results last season

It was the right time for Mick to go.

We're currently struggling on two fronts:

1. Getting the 9x new players and the squad to gel tactically into what PH wants to achieve.
2. Doing this now rather than in pre-season.

Both can't be levelled at PH directly but he's head honcho and the buck stops there.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Some of our fans!! My word. on 10:43 - Aug 22 with 1477 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Nolan fine first half but faded in the second one.

Chalobah our best player yesterday.

Agree that results will come and it's a work in progress. Need 4-6 points from the next two games though.
Login to get fewer ads

Some of our fans!! My word. on 10:54 - Aug 22 with 1439 viewsTractorBoyOlly

1) We don't have a decent Left Winger

2) Nolan and Chalobah not getting forward enough

Best option is a 2nd striker playing just behind to hold the ball up, someone just like...Joe Garner...oh.

Poll: Final points total?

Some of our fans!! My word. on 10:58 - Aug 22 with 1420 viewsGerkensBeard

Some of our fans!! My word. on 10:54 - Aug 22 by TractorBoyOlly

1) We don't have a decent Left Winger

2) Nolan and Chalobah not getting forward enough

Best option is a 2nd striker playing just behind to hold the ball up, someone just like...Joe Garner...oh.

The (some of our fans) comment right there
Some of our fans!! My word. on 11:11 - Aug 22 with 1361 viewschristiand

Harrison needs to hold the ball up to allow others to join him, everyone is so far away that the time Nolan or others get up to support, Harrison has been tackled or dispossessed. To me, Harrison just doesn’t appear to have the physical attributes to play that lone striker role. He, like Jackson seem to be better suited to be playing off a target man. The fact, we are creating so little as an attacking force is a big concern whether that’s the personnel or the system I’m not sure. The fact is, if you don’t score goals you don’t win matches and that’s the bottom line and something PH should be concerned about.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Some of our fans!! My word. on 11:39 - Aug 22 with 1310 viewsGuthrum

Some of our fans!! My word. on 10:43 - Aug 22 by Mach_foreignBlue

Nolan fine first half but faded in the second one.

Chalobah our best player yesterday.

Agree that results will come and it's a work in progress. Need 4-6 points from the next two games though.

Generally speaking I agree, but don't think it's quite that urgent yet (Norwich game notwithstanding).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024