Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whatever happened to the kids? 18:15 - Aug 31 with 1822 viewsCBMTOBWMMBG

So, now we know. Most of our kids are not deemed ready yet.

I get it: they should get lots of games, and build experience and toughen themselves up etc. Good reasons can be given for all of them, individually.
(And also, being v positive Downes might break through I guess, and Dozzell too in a few months, possibly.)

But also... really? Is that what we have to do?
Part of the excitement of supporting the club comes from the youth players, seeing them make debuts, come of the bench, break through. It worked with Burley, with Robson. It is risky, yes, but also potentially very rewarding.

I get it. But it seems a shame, and a little deflating.
Whatever happened to the kids? on 18:20 - Aug 31 with 1799 viewseddiespearitt03

That is EVANS five point plan out the window !!!!!
Whatever happened to the kids? on 18:28 - Aug 31 with 1771 viewsSuffolktractor

I agree, it is a shame. I was looking forward to a new start with some of Hurst’s battle hardened players joining up with our new exciting youngsters in a brave new post McCarthy world.
But so far it seems MM trusted our youth more than Hurst.
I have faith Hurst knows what he is doing, but at clubs like ours we love to see the academy guys come in and be given a chance. Otherwise ultimately football is dead.
Whatever happened to the kids? on 18:35 - Aug 31 with 1725 viewsSteve_D

Whatever happened to the kids? on 18:28 - Aug 31 by Suffolktractor

I agree, it is a shame. I was looking forward to a new start with some of Hurst’s battle hardened players joining up with our new exciting youngsters in a brave new post McCarthy world.
But so far it seems MM trusted our youth more than Hurst.
I have faith Hurst knows what he is doing, but at clubs like ours we love to see the academy guys come in and be given a chance. Otherwise ultimately football is dead.

3rd rate players bought in , our own young hungry , remember that lol , loaned out , shambles
Whatever happened to the kids? on 19:04 - Aug 31 with 1689 viewsBlueNomad

It’s called staff development! Those who claim the club are ditching their youngsters are wrong, it will allow them to develop both as players and people.

I’m surprised Woolfenden is going out because of the relative dearth of natural cb’s but for no other reason.
Whatever happened to the kids? on 19:08 - Aug 31 with 1668 viewsyorkshire

Whatever happened to the kids? on 18:35 - Aug 31 by Steve_D

3rd rate players bought in , our own young hungry , remember that lol , loaned out , shambles

Which ones are the third rate players?

U20 International Edun and Chalbolah ?
Highly thought of Nsiala, Nolan or Edwards ?

I don't understand stupid posts like this - those kids need to go out an play games - certainly Morris and Woolfy will be better for playing games every week rather than bit parts from the bench. Emmanuel is probably unlucky but can you really justify him in the team instead of Donnacian ? And is he as versatile / experiences as Spence ?
Whatever happened to the kids? on 19:09 - Aug 31 with 1665 viewsPositivelyPortman

One day perhaps when he’s fit and ready to go, you’ll be able to see a home grown Bishop getting regular game time!

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Whatever happened to the kids? on 19:14 - Aug 31 with 1649 viewsbluejacko

Look at this way our youngsters are highly thought of or they would not be in demand!
As has been said this will toughen them up more than bit part appearances here.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2018 19:19]
Whatever happened to the kids? on 19:31 - Aug 31 with 1605 viewsstrikalite

Well, we've all heard the phrase if you're good enough you're old enough, in today's game if you're good enough you sure won't be experienced enough...

A Manager/coach must only think about what it best for him this week, because his job could be gone by the week after..
Login to get fewer ads

Whatever happened to the kids? on 21:23 - Aug 31 with 1491 viewsheavyweight

Whatever happened to the kids? on 18:20 - Aug 31 by eddiespearitt03

That is EVANS five point plan out the window !!!!!

To be honest I'm a bit disappointed about the number of loans out. But it is a lot easier to blood youngsters in a successful settled side than a struggling one where everyone else is still settling in.

Maybe if we had a couple of wins on the board the Wolfie / Everton lad swap would not have happened?

Must admit I'm a bit nonplussed with the Nydam/ Edun swap.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024