Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mixed it up better today in attack 16:06 - Sep 2 with 690 viewsDarth_Koont

I think Walters gives us that. But a bit of a worry that we looked most threatening when we went direct and lumped it into the channels — and it's based around a short-term loanee.

It wasn't great today but we look like we have more to build on and start winning games.

Pronouns: He/Him

Mixed it up better today in attack on 16:13 - Sep 2 with 649 viewshomer_123

I mentioned this last week and got mullered on here for it. Which is fine...it's all about opinions.

The issue is the over reliance on that ball to Walters. To be fair today, Edwards was trying to work the wide area,however, most of the time it was the long diagonal ball being played by us.

We need option and to be able to mix it up. But if we rely on Walters and he gets injured and or leaves in Jan....it is absolute shortermism as you say.

Right now, as a means to an end,it might be OK to get points on the board.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Mixed it up better today in attack on 16:15 - Sep 2 with 636 viewsDarth_Koont

Mixed it up better today in attack on 16:13 - Sep 2 by homer_123

I mentioned this last week and got mullered on here for it. Which is fine...it's all about opinions.

The issue is the over reliance on that ball to Walters. To be fair today, Edwards was trying to work the wide area,however, most of the time it was the long diagonal ball being played by us.

We need option and to be able to mix it up. But if we rely on Walters and he gets injured and or leaves in Jan....it is absolute shortermism as you say.

Right now, as a means to an end,it might be OK to get points on the board.

Yep - needs must. And if it prevents the frustrating toothlessness of our previous games then that's fine by me.

Mixed it up better today in attack on 16:29 - Sep 2 with 607 viewsunstableblue

Whilst I agree we lumped it long in the first half, without much effect.

I do think the promising 25 min spell after was a mix of attacking approaches, including a nice couple of high tempo passing moves, and we had runners and we stretched their defence. As well as the lumps into channels and high balls to Walters.

It was exciting- and this spell seems to be getting overlooked in the general negative feeling on TWTD towards the game.

I do think the lack of understanding between Walters and Jackson; and between Knudsen and Graham made us less clinical.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Mixed it up better today in attack on 16:34 - Sep 2 with 585 viewschristiand

Going into today’s game Ipswich have created the lowest amount of goal scoring chances in the Championship this season. Somethings needs addressing in that final third for us because we don’t look a team capable of scoring freely in games.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Mixed it up better today in attack on 17:43 - Sep 2 with 505 viewsDarth_Koont

Mixed it up better today in attack on 16:29 - Sep 2 by unstableblue

Whilst I agree we lumped it long in the first half, without much effect.

I do think the promising 25 min spell after was a mix of attacking approaches, including a nice couple of high tempo passing moves, and we had runners and we stretched their defence. As well as the lumps into channels and high balls to Walters.

It was exciting- and this spell seems to be getting overlooked in the general negative feeling on TWTD towards the game.

I do think the lack of understanding between Walters and Jackson; and between Knudsen and Graham made us less clinical.

Actually, it was using the long ball and winning the second balls where we put Norwich under pressure. Them missing Klose made that possible.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024