Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nice story to share about The Beat 22:38 - Sep 16 with 1268 viewsoneoffposter

Not a troll just don't get to many games these days so although I read the site I haven't signed up as can't offer much to debate

Anyway I was lucky enough to sit next to the great man 3 1/2 years at home to Watford the day of his 60th - 60 mins in chambers goes down injuried and the crowd stand to a man to clap - 45 secs in Beat turns to me and says 'the fans love him cause he gives his all' at which point I look at clock and realise why they all clapping and tell him what's going on. He jumped up and waved just as the clapping/singing was finishing - i always remember his face when he sat back back brimming with pride with a tear in his eye

He was clearly v humbled by the way the true fans (not me as I was sat in the directors box) treated him

I only met him a couple of times but he had a vulnerability that was surprising for such a man
Nice story to share about The Beat on 22:41 - Sep 16 with 1219 viewsFixed_It

Great story - thanks for sharing. He was indeed very humble for someone so very talented and revered.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

on 22:42 - Sep 16 with 1213 views_

Nice story to share about The Beat on 22:43 - Sep 16 with 1218 viewsLord_Lucan

The very few times I was in his vicinity he always seemed genuinely surprised people wanted to speak to him and or wish him well.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Nice story to share about The Beat on 22:46 - Sep 16 with 1181 viewsPJH

Nice story to share about The Beat on 22:43 - Sep 16 by Lord_Lucan

The very few times I was in his vicinity he always seemed genuinely surprised people wanted to speak to him and or wish him well.

It appears that he never really lost the innocence that he had when arriving in Ipswich as a 15 year old with his boots in a brown paper bag(as the story goes).

It does seem that he genuinely did not realise how good a player he was and how much pleasure that he brought to the lives of so many.
Nice story to share about The Beat on 23:13 - Sep 16 with 1085 viewsjaykay

i might be wrong here , but never kevin was his middle name.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Nice story to share about The Beat on 23:32 - Sep 16 with 1044 viewsfactual_blue

Nice story to share about The Beat on 23:13 - Sep 16 by jaykay

i might be wrong here , but never kevin was his middle name.

Thomas Kevin Beattie.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024