Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When Mick came in we had 7 points from 12 games... 10:48 - Oct 3 with 1624 viewsitfcjoe

...and we won our first game and were 5 points from safety - and needed 55 points to stay up that year.

This season, it doesn't look like it'll take anywhere near that point total to stay up - 7 teams currently averaging <= 1 point per game

Hopefully we can turn this round and stay up in what looks a season where low points total will do it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

When Mick came in we had 7 points from 12 games... on 10:50 - Oct 3 with 1604 viewsReuser_is_God

Yeah it won’t be a high total this year.

I said this earlier but the players Mick inherited are a whole lot better than those inherited by Hurst’s replacement, should there be one.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

When Mick came in we had 7 points from 12 games... on 11:06 - Oct 3 with 1509 viewsThe_Last_Baron

When Mick came in we had 7 points from 12 games... on 10:50 - Oct 3 by Reuser_is_God

I said this earlier but the players Mick inherited are a whole lot better than those inherited by Hurst’s replacement, should there be one.

I don't think Mick inherited a better side than today, slightly better players overall maybe. We were getting hammered 5-0, 6-0 by the likes of Palace and Leicester, we were really bad. Now we are clueless but we aren't at the depths Jewell had us at.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

When Mick came in we had 7 points from 12 games... on 11:12 - Oct 3 with 1464 viewsGuthrum

It's a little difficult to tell at this stage. In 2012-13, several of the bottom teams went on a charge in the final couple of months of the season, while some of the higher teams struggled, even collapsed (Boro, Blackburn).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

When Mick came in we had 7 points from 12 games... on 11:22 - Oct 3 with 1413 viewsReuser_is_God

When Mick came in we had 7 points from 12 games... on 11:06 - Oct 3 by The_Last_Baron

I don't think Mick inherited a better side than today, slightly better players overall maybe. We were getting hammered 5-0, 6-0 by the likes of Palace and Leicester, we were really bad. Now we are clueless but we aren't at the depths Jewell had us at.

A better squad in terms of overall quality that just needed a bit of organisation & direction.

The squad Mick inherited is a lot better than this rabble.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

When Mick came in we had 7 points from 12 games... on 11:33 - Oct 3 with 1369 viewsSeablu

I'm not seeing anything that suggests a turnaround is imminent. Can't see him scrubbling together 40 points let alone 50 odd.

Problem is, the players Hurst's bought are abjectly out of their depth.

I guess we have to wait to January, hope we're within 5 or 6 points of safety and then get a proven firefighter in who might be able to drag a few freebie warriors in & cobble together some sort of rescue job.. sounds familiar.

Then the whole sorry cycle can start again. Except this time, we won't have any assets to cash in on, because not one of Hurst's lot is increasing his value one jot. Even Bart's value is dropping by the week.
When Mick came in we had 7 points from 12 games... on 12:38 - Oct 3 with 1213 viewsbluefunk

When Mick came in we had 7 points from 12 games... on 11:22 - Oct 3 by Reuser_is_God

A better squad in terms of overall quality that just needed a bit of organisation & direction.

The squad Mick inherited is a lot better than this rabble.

And it appears that some have forgotten that the loan market was available to him, so he could address squad deficiencies quickly with a loanee- that isn’t intended to be a slight on MM just a reminder that even if(when?) we change manager, he will have to work with the current squad until January
When Mick came in we had 7 points from 12 games... on 12:41 - Oct 3 with 1185 viewslowhouseblue

yes, but will mick come back to do it again?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

When Mick came in we had 7 points from 12 games... on 12:52 - Oct 3 with 1118 viewsLeagueOne

When Mick came in we had 7 points from 12 games... on 10:50 - Oct 3 by Reuser_is_God

He also signed Stearmen, Tabb and Didz which were a key part of us staying up that season.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Login to get fewer ads

When Mick came in we had 7 points from 12 games... on 12:52 - Oct 3 with 1118 viewsHennikerBlu

If Hurst wants to save his career here, he will take a pragmatic approach possibly play a version of 4-4-2, have a look at Nolan, at the moment, he seems way too lightweight at this level for the role (played well as a sub v Brent); and get the team working (defending) better as a unit.

If he keeps with M.City high press malarkey, with the players we have, it is only going one way.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024