Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I was bored today so worked out some relegation stats ... 10:35 - Dec 5 with 1517 viewsurbanblue

Make of this what you will, but I checked out where all the clubs that have been relegated in the last ten years from 07/08 to 16/17 are now .... so out of the 27 clubs that have been relegated (3 have been relegated twice) ....

3 are in the Premier league
10 are in the Championship
11 are in League one
3 are in League Two

The interesting stat though, is of the teams that have come back, most have done it within two seasons. Of the 14 clubs who have come back up SEVEN have done it the next Season with five more managing it the season after. Only two took longer.

I'll leave you lot to unpack all that but it would seem to me that if (and I still think if ..) we go down that first season in League 1 could make or break the club!
I was bored today so worked out some relegation stats ... on 10:49 - Dec 5 with 1422 viewsGeoffSentence

You forgot to mention that one of those 27 clubs subsequently won the premier league.

Huzzah! There's hope for us yet.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I was bored today so worked out some relegation stats ... on 11:42 - Dec 5 with 1317 viewsurbanblue

I was bored today so worked out some relegation stats ... on 10:49 - Dec 5 by GeoffSentence

You forgot to mention that one of those 27 clubs subsequently won the premier league.

Huzzah! There's hope for us yet.

That's the spirit!
I was bored today so worked out some relegation stats ... on 12:31 - Dec 5 with 1240 viewsVic

Would be useful to see a breakdown of which clubs have made it back up and those that haven't. how many of those that haven't got back up have a history of being in the Prem or Championship? How many established clubs, with the sort of academy, support, facilities, etc, that we have have stayed down? (Apart from Coventry).

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

I was bored today so worked out some relegation stats ... on 13:04 - Dec 5 with 1177 viewsLeagueOne

I think aside from Forrest all of those clubs played more recently in the Premier League then we have, before their relegation though, thus still had some parachute payments to prop up the losses. We're in the group such as Forest, Oldham, Swindon, Coventry, WImbledon, Bradford and Barnsley who were relegated before those payments came into being. I don't think any of the non chute sides, aside from Man City, have ever come back up to the top flight.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

I was bored today so worked out some relegation stats ... on 13:38 - Dec 5 with 1110 viewsurbanblue

I was bored today so worked out some relegation stats ... on 12:31 - Dec 5 by Vic

Would be useful to see a breakdown of which clubs have made it back up and those that haven't. how many of those that haven't got back up have a history of being in the Prem or Championship? How many established clubs, with the sort of academy, support, facilities, etc, that we have have stayed down? (Apart from Coventry).

I've just checked and realised that if we include 17/18 the number of teams that came straight back up amounts to TEN!!

First Season Return

Leicester
Norwich
Peterborough
Wolves
Wigan
Bolton
Doncaster
Blackburn
Wigan (again)
Rotherham

Second Season Return

Sheffield Wednesday
Southampton
Bristol City
Barnsley
Millwall

Now in League 1

Blackpool
Doncaster
Barnsley
Peterborough
Portsmouth
Coventry
Scunthorpe
Plymouth
Charlton

Now in League 2

MK Dons
Colchester
Yeovil
[Post edited 5 Dec 2018 13:40]
I was bored today so worked out some relegation stats ... on 13:43 - Dec 5 with 1088 viewsurbanblue

I was bored today so worked out some relegation stats ... on 13:04 - Dec 5 by LeagueOne

I think aside from Forrest all of those clubs played more recently in the Premier League then we have, before their relegation though, thus still had some parachute payments to prop up the losses. We're in the group such as Forest, Oldham, Swindon, Coventry, WImbledon, Bradford and Barnsley who were relegated before those payments came into being. I don't think any of the non chute sides, aside from Man City, have ever come back up to the top flight.

Sorry may not have been clear. The stats are teams relegated from the Championship to League 1 .... not from the Premier league!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024