Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saw this on the BBC website...Lockerbie - it was 1988 17:11 - Dec 13 with 615 viewshomer_123

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/Lockerbie_Scotland_Pan_Am_flight_103

Yes, 30 years ago.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Saw this on the BBC website...Lockerbie - it was 1988 on 18:17 - Dec 13 with 574 viewsIP12

I spent 15 years of my life lecturing and running seminars on this to Airport staff and Flight/Cabin crew of various world airlines. Thirty years on and it doesn't get any easier.
Saw this on the BBC website...Lockerbie - it was 1988 on 20:08 - Dec 13 with 538 viewsLord_Lucan

Good friend of mine was the first copper on the scene.

Spoke to him earlier today but I hadn't realised it was the anniversary, I'll probably speak to him in the morning as well but I don't think I'll mention it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Saw this on the BBC website...Lockerbie - it was 1988 on 20:20 - Dec 13 with 515 viewsMeadowlark

The plane crashed on my Aunt, Ella Ramsden's house. We first found out from the pictures in the news/newspapers My father recognised her shed!
She was OK!

".......he heard screaming from Ella Ramsden's house and dashed to the scene.
Wreckage had landed right on top of the house, destroying everything but her kitchen - the room Mrs Ramsden, 70, happened to be in.
Mr Kirkpatrick said: "The rest had all fallen down and rubble was up to the height of her windowsill. I broke the kitchen window but she wouldn't come out without her dog so I lifted it out though the window and handed it to someone. Then I lifted her out."
He told how he later saw Mrs Ramsden's house on the television news. "It was quite hard to believe she was in the kitchen, the only place that was whole. She was a very lucky lady."
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024